What's new

Mega-Tornament Blow-out: The Best Film of the Last 35 Years. (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Red over Star Wars - what a fucking joke
Not a joke at all. This is a best film tourney, not a most absurdly popular film tourney. :D
For the record, I do like Star Wars - it's a fun and enjoyable movie. But does "fun" really equal more enjoyable or better? Not in my book. Nine times out of ten I'd rather watch the more serious Red. Why? Because of the sheer pleasure I get from watching a film that is so superbly written, directed, photographed, and acted. Not to mention the emotional punch it packs. Of course, Red is a film that really connected with me so I'm sure that makes a difference. :)
And ya gotta admit: it'd be nice to see a tourney that doesn't end with a final between friggin' Star Wars and friggin' The Godfather. Two good films to be sure, but sometimes you'd think they were the only two friggin' films ever friggin' made.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Big day of HTF heresy for Steve.
:laugh:
Why is it if I say the slightest bad thing about something like Star Wars I get filleted and stir fried and when Steve does it, nothing happens? No, I don't think Star Wars is all that. It is fun though.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Lighten up guys. Did you bother to read my post? I said that after midnight I wasn't going to complain about these tourneys, so (with a SMILIE), I made a couple of comments. Geez.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Raiders of the Lost Ark wins
Raiders votes:
1 Vickie_M
2 Jan H
3 Jen B
4 Robin Warren
5 george kaplan
6 Bill J
7 Erik G
8 Steeve Bergeron
Red votes:
1 Walter Kittel
2 AngeloM
3 SteveGon
4 Brian Lawrence
5 Elizabeth S
6 Brook K
7 Justin_S
This. Is. IT!!
Round 8, Final round!
A Clockwork Orange
"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures"

vs.
Raiders of the Lost Ark
"How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?"

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A Clockwork Orange , very easy decision for me.
"What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolence. "

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks