What's new

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I want THE BOUNTY HUNTER and THE COMMAND.

They're two Golden Age titles that I haven't seen. Come to think of it, nobody has seen them in 3-D, except (maybe) those watching the dailies at WB.

Bounty.jpg

Command-22b.jpg

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The last movie I saw at the cinema was "Kiss Me Kate" when the NFT showed it in 3D. The 3D didn't seem to be anything special although the movie itself is an undoubted classic.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
My top ten from the 50s:

Creature From the Black Lagoon
Kiss Me Kate
Second Chance
Inferno
Dial M For Murder
House of Wax
Dangerous Mission
Miss Sadie Thompson
Gorilla at Large
I, the Jury

Runners Up:
Gun Fury
Fort Ti
Robot Monster
Hondo

Curiously, my top ten of all time would only trade out a couple of titles, replacing them with Hugo, Captain America: the First Avenger, and Marvel's The Avengers.

While I've said I want all of the 50s titles on 3D Blu, if I was forced to limit myself to ten that aren't already out, they would be:

Kiss Me Kate
I, The Jury
Gorilla at Large
Second Chance
Revenge of the Creature
It Came From Outer Space
The Stranger Wore a Gun
Miss Sadie Thompson
The Mad Magician
Gun Fury

Sadly, I'm beginning to see none of them coming. :(

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Don't be discouraged, Todd. Some things are happening behind the scenes, just slowly. Sony has restorations available on Sadie, Magician and possibly Gun Fury. Somebody like Twilight Time needs to license them.

Hondo is fully restored and ready to go, Paramount just needs to say yes to Gretchen Wayne.

WB said they would proceed with Kate if Wax did well.

We're trying to clear I, the Jury and Gorilla is a strong possibility as well.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Bob Furmanek said:
Don't be discouraged, Todd. Some things are happening behind the scenes, just slowly. Sony has restorations available on Sadie, Magician and possibly Gun Fury. Somebody like Twilight Time needs to license them.

Hondo is fully restored and ready to go, Paramount just needs to say yes to Gretchen Wayne.

I'd love to see "I, the Jury" in 3D, Christmas setting and all. It's a mirror image of "My Gun is Quick" in that "I, the Jury's" TBH not very good leading man is backed up by a bunch of great character actors whereas John Bray is the only decent actor in "My Gun is Quick".

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
StephenDH said:
The last movie I saw at the cinema was "Kiss Me Kate" when the NFT showed it in 3D. The 3D didn't seem to be anything special although the movie itself is an undoubted classic.
It must be me. :)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:

We have a number of 1950's 3D titles now and more like Inferno, Dragonfly Squardron and 3-D Rarities are being released. Keep them coming!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Bob Furmanek said:
Tell Warner Brothers House of Wax would sell better if they cut the retail price a bit or at least allowed it to be discounted more. It's a single disc edition and I have been waiting forever for the price to drop below $20.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Mark-P said:
Tell Warner Brothers House of Wax would sell better if they cut the retail price a bit or at least allowed it to be discounted more. It's a single disc edition and I have been waiting forever for the price to drop below $20.
I'd settle for below $25.00!! While I don't have numbers, I know that every retail B&M store that had it in stock in my area is sold out. Over at Amazon (for $31.91!), it states only 9 left in stock. It does NOT state "More on the way." How many sell-outs does it take!?!?!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thank you, Camps. It's been an exciting couple of weeks here at the Archive.

I've just found not one two lost 3-D shorts from the Golden Age!

Both were filmed in 1953. One short was released flat only and has never been seen in 3-D. The second had a very limited release and has not been seen anywhere for more than 61 years.

If all goes well, we're hoping to acquire them, finish the restorations and include them in our upcoming 3-D RARITIES set from Flicker Alley, tentatively on the schedule for a March 2015 release.

Glasses.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
Thank you, Camps. It's been an exciting couple of weeks here at the Archive.

I've just found not one two lost 3-D shorts from the Golden Age!

Both were filmed in 1953. One short was released flat only and has never been seen in 3-D. The second had a very limited release and has not been seen anywhere for more than 61 years.

If all goes well, we're hoping to acquire them, finish the restorations and include them in our upcoming 3-D RARITIES set from Flicker Alley, tentatively on the schedule for a March 2015 release.

attachicon.gif
Glasses.jpg
Well there were a lot of 3D shorts released in 1953 :3dglasses:

Some of them are owned by major studios so, it's probably not one of them

A Day in the Country
Bandit island
Boo Moon
Carnival in April
College Capers
Coronation of Queen Elizabeth
Doom Town
Hypnotic Hick
I am Marked
The Fortune Hunters
Jumping Out Sunday
London Tribute
Love for Sale
Lumber Jack-Rabbit
Marciano-Walcott Fight
Melody
Milwaukee-Chicago Baseball Game
Nat “King” Cole Sings “Pretend”
Pardon My Backfire
Popeye, Ace of Space
Space Attack
Spooks
Stereo Techniques
Star of the Screen
Stardust in Your Eyes
Metroscopix
This is Triorama
Volkswagen
Working for Peanuts DISNEY
Motor Rhythm

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I'm pleased to share my new article, "Restoring a Landmark 3-D Motion Picture."

It covers the production history of Arch Oboler's THE BUBBLE plus the documented facts on the effort to develop a widescreen, single-strip 3-D system in 1953.

Colonel Robert V. Bernier -- a forgotten 3-D pioneer -- is finally given his proper place in the history of stereoscopic cinema.

I also discuss the deplorable state of the 35mm negative and what we have done to restore it in HD for release on 3-D Blu-ray.

The article contains all-new research utilizing never-before-seen studio documents and primary source materials. I'm happy to report that many long-standing 3-D myths are now disproven.

I hope that you enjoy it!
Arch Oboler's The Bubble - 3dfilmarchive

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Loved the article, Bob. Do you have any plans to add demonstration stills of the alignment work done on the film, like you did when discussing Creature From the Black Lagoon? I understand the context is different (Universal didn't correct alignment, and pushed the 3D back in the frame), but it would be nice to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks