Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Oh such sweet memories.
How I miss the wonderful days of "SELECTED FEATURETTES"

3d murder.jpg
3d murder3.jpg

3dmurder4.jpg

Bob do you know if "THIRD DIMENSION MURDER" was always shown as an Anaglyphic presentation?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Ah, yes. "Selected short subjects for your viewing pleasure." Those were the days, my friend.

The Pete Smith shorts were only shown in anaglyph. However, some left/right materials survive which would allow a full restoration.

In addition, we have had great success with anaglyph extraction on several historic 3-D shorts. I would LOVE the opportunity to make those MGM shorts look better than ever before!

46970_1636100625160_3129275_n.jpg

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
A long shot I know, but I don't suppose you've heard anything about Warner/Paramount presenting Friday the 13th Part III in its original polarized form for their upcoming set?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, I haven't heard a word. The last dialogue that I had with Paramount indicated they were not interested in doing anything with their 3-D titles.

I'll reach out. Again!

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Bob Furmanek said:
I'll reach out. Again!
Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Their press release states "in 3-D!" next to Part 3 but the 2009 solo Blu-ray release of this title came with an anaglyphic version, so I fear it only refers to that.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I'll send a note tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks for the heads up!

By the way, i read some of the recent comments on the Friday the 13th Blu-ray.com thread but I'm not able to post there. It won't accept my password and after multiple tries, I gave up.

The single-strip titles require more alignment work than the dual-strip Golden Age material primarily due to poor photography and convergence issues. The cinematographers working in 1953 were much more savvy with their compositions and stereoscopic lensing. However, all the single-strip problems can be fixed by doing shot-by-shot alignment repairs. We've done it for THE BUBBLE (1966) and it looks better now than ever before.

Also, here is a page that addresses the common anaglyph myth: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/top-10-3-d-myths

Please share. Thanks!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Bob, do you know anything about the trailer for Albert Brooks' REAL LIFE? I saw the trailer numerous times at an art house in the 70's in the weeks before it opened and it was supposedly in 3D, but I never had glasses to prove it. It was very funny.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Speaking of The Bubble, what goes on with that? I'm waiting to buy it. Oh, and did you see the TV show remake of The Bubble that starts up in a couple of weeks? Under the Dome or some such nonsense.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The Bubble is nearly finished and we expect it will be out in the first quarter of 2014.

Yeah, I saw that. I hope it does well. We can advertise our release as the original!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Bob,
I just took the plunge and bought 3 passes for the 3D Expo: my wife and I will be flying in from Richardson, TX; and another friend from San Juan, PR. So we'll finally get to meet Bob Furmanek and enjoy the films in top-notch, quality presentations! Very exciting!
Jose

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Ah...first quarter 2014 might be a little expensive then since Twilight Time is releasing their 1950s release then. BTW, I, too will be at the festival. Gotta see Dragonfly Squadron on the big screen. And I'm hoping that one hits 3D Blu next year as well.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
That's great Jose, I look forward to meeting you and your family. The festival will be a lot of fun!

Todd: skip their release and buy ours. Where are your priorities? :)

The goal is 2014 for the 60th anniversary Blu-ray release of DRAGONFLY SQUADRON!

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I said it would be expensive, but I intend to buy both. I will buy any and all classic 3D releases. I already intend to buy House of Wax and Amityville 3D this fall. I hope to buy four or more releases from you next year.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I'll never forget when I first met you, Todd. The first question you asked is "When can we see a fully-restored copy of THE BUBBLE, directly from the camera negative?"

It's taken many years but very soon, we will finally be able to grant your wish!
Waxfinal-web.jpg

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I'm not certain THAT was my first question--may not have been my second question to tell the truth. Probably my first question was "When will all of the 50s films be released in 3D on a home video format? I want them all and I want them now".

Speaking of such things, any word on Kiss Me Kate, It Came From Outer Space, Revenge of the Creature, Inferno, or Gorilla At Large?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Oh, that might be right, it was a LONG time ago.

So far as your second question: no, no, no, no, no.

In other words, I haven't heard a thing. :(

BUT, there is very recent and encouraging dialogue with two studios, and possibly a third. Certainly nothing definite but I haven't given up hope. Not yet, anyway!

We actually would have had THE BUBBLE out in the 4th quarter of 2013 which is what the distributor wanted, but a REALLY sloppy facility has caused numerous delays for the past seven months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks