What's new

Media Streaming Recommendations (1 Viewer)

stewball

Auditioning
Real Name
Ned
We have recently upgraded our home theater audio and video. Just installed an Onyko PR-SC5509 Preamp, Emotivia Power Amps 5x200 and 2x300 along with a Samsung BDE6500 3d Blu-Ray player. Kept the Boston VR1 and VR3 speakers ( 7:1) system and been very satisfied. Now I want to stop streaming with the PS3 or Xbox 360 and looking at another media streaming device and would appreciate some feedback. Have been looking at the D-link DSM380 but thought I would come to the experts first and see what they recommend. I have a media server running windows 2003 currently with about 35,000 mp3 files which the Onyko handles nicely and have a bunch of movies on various PCs throughout the house and want to consolidate them all into one server and then to the home theater. One thing that caught me off guard was the Onyko only plays audio files with the net setting. So let me know what you would recommend.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use the Roku box with the Roksbox application installed. My media server is a dual drive ZyXel NAS. I get the dual benefit of streaming local content as well as internet content like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and hundreds of other channels.

stewball

Auditioning
Real Name
Ned
Thanks for the information. Last night I was looking at a Dune HD Max. They are a bit rich in price but seem to have pretty good reviews. Will keep your recommendation in mind thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks