What's new

Media Play going out of business chainwide -- 20% off all DVDs (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
For what it's worth, DVDs are now 50% off. Store discount is 50 - 70% off. I noticed my location had about half of their DVD stock in anime DVDs, if anyone's interested in those.....

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I went in yesterday and the store is pretty close to being cleared out. I still laughed that even though the DVD's were 50% off, they still were more expensive than most other B&M stores.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Yep; couldn't agree more.

Still marking them down more, though. Now, with less than a week left, all DVDs are either 60% off regular price or $12 (whichever is cheaper). The $12 deal excludes box sets. Also of note is that video games are 60% off as well, and CDs are each 70% off or $6 (whichever is cheaper).

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

What I meant was why would they think people would buy DVDs at those prices when other places sell them for so much cheaper.

Joey Dee

Auditioning
Just stopped in on my way to CC. Picked up Film Noir 2 box for $18.39 (last one). Saw several copies of the puffy shirt Seinfeld box for $111.99-60% (about $45). This was in Ogden, UT. Pickins were slim, but there still are a few good finds.

J

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Where you can really strike gold is with their "fixtures". Since they're selling all of their materials at closeout prices, it can be better just to stock up on that stuff. For example, I picked up 3 of their old laserdisc players for $10 (will sell 2 of them on eBay and make a nice profit). I also got a Monster surge protector for $5. Huge YMMV on this stuff, but I got great deals at my Media Play in Columbus, OH.

And by the way, according to the manager here, the "final" day will be this Friday, but they will continue to sell fixtures for 5 more days after that.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
As of yesterday, everything's now 70% - 90% off. DVDs are 70% off. Video games are 70% off. CDs are 80% off. Pretty much everything else was 90% off, but when I went in early afternoon yesterday, not a single 90% off item was still around (no Halloween items, no toys, no wireless accessories, no PC software, nothing).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks