What's new

Medal Of Honor- Euorpean Assault (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I bought it. I like it too. Not as quite as good as MoH: Frontline but waaaaayyyy better than the crap they called MoH: Rising Sun.

Jeff

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I also picked this up today...while it seems like a solid production job, I am extremely annoyed that the thumbstick controls can't be changed. I prefer to turn w/ the left stick, and strafe w/ the right. While this option was available in both previous Xbox MOH releases, it's noticeably absent here.

On the upside, I contacted EA about this and they made an extremely generous offer that will allow me to receive a full refund on the game - a definite two thumbs up for their CS dept...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I am up to the first level of the Battle of the Bulge. I spent most of Saturday figuring out how to not die before getting to the command post, and all day Sunday figuring out how to get to the top of the church and back down to the pews, but I haven't made it out of the church yet.

I think the game is better (and a lot harder) than Rising Sun, but I don't like that you can't open doors or shoot boxes or climb ladders. (I also wish I could dive, like James Bond, or have a Chain Gun (Predator) but I guess I can't have everything). :)

This is the last game I will buy for the Game Cube. When I'm done I'll probably either give it to a friend, or trade it in for an X-Box 360. Nintendo has lost my business because they are way to slow at bringing games out (that I want to buy anyway).

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I'm really happy with the game also. At first I was a little hesitant about having guys under my command because I've never played a game with that feature before as I'm used to just doing it all myself. So I basically try to keep them behind me so I can do it all myself, and win additional medkits when all three squad members survive.
Larry,
Just wait until you get to the last level on Battle of the Bulge. Are you playing on the Easy setting? I'm at this level on the Medium setting right now. At least I know where to go and what to do after some trial-and-error on Easy.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yuck, I like the fact that they decided to revamp the game after Rising Sun but why the hell did they change the one thing that IMO didn't need changing, the controls? Man this new un-adjustable control scheme sucks as far as I am concerned and ruins the game play IMO. GOD I hate the new fixed analog controls that force you to strafe with the same stick as you move forward with, plus the fire button is fixed onto the shoulder buttons and even worse is the fact that there is no way to assign your own custom button configuration.....WHY?

If it ain't broke then don't fix it....YES, Rising Sun was a miss-step but, EA guys, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! Fix the story and gameplay but the last thing that people were complaining about was the controls AFAIK.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I have a question for Larry and others that may own this title on the Cube: Since the GCN controller is much more simple than the Xbox one, is there a controller option for the GCN version that would allow you to move forward/back and turn L/R with the left stick?

I'd still like to give this game a shot, but my controller frustrations w/ the Xbox version were maddening...

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Is the control scheme crappy on the XBOX. If it is like Kevin describes, I'll pass. Too bad, as I've been waiting on a price drop and this week Circuit City (I think) has it for $25.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I was referring to the PS2 version but I have played the X-Box version and the controls on that system are fixed and unassignable as well and just as frustrating IMO...I don't know about the Cube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks