What's new

McDvd? McDonalds dvd rentals (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
If you get a foolscreen version you could always break the disc and say it came that way when you return it ;)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Here are the current locations in Denver that have the kiosks. They said that they will put out the new releases on tuesday so it sounds like they will keep on top of it. Also if you keep the disc beyond 21 days you will be charged $25 and can keep the disc. Kinda pricey but I've seen people get charged $75 for late fees for one movie at Blockbuster. I'll see what I can rent later this week and check if they will promote widescreen. This week should be a good test with ROTK coming out in both versions.

939 DILLON RD -- LOUISVILLE
1395 SANTA FE -- DENVER
595 HIGHWAY 287 -- BROOMFIELD
625 INTERLOCKEN BLVD -- BROOMFIELD
6590 N. WADSWORTH -- ARVADA
5770 W 88TH AVE -- WESTMINSTER
9825 WEST 58TH AVENUE -- ARVADA
6355 E. EVANS -- DENVER
5155 WEST 72ND -- WESTMINSTER
9995 WADSWORTH -- WESTMINSTER
300 S. BROADWAY -- DENVER
7400 FEDERAL BLVD -- WESTMINSTER
1350 W COLFAX -- DENVER
5880 LEETSDALE DRIVE -- DENVER
7509 S ALKIRE ST -- LITTLETON
5235 N. WADSWORTH -- ARVADA
3350 COLORADO BLVD -- DENVER
1195 S. COLORADO BLVD. --DENVER
5550 W DARTMOUTH AVE -- DENVER
4020 WEST COLFAX -- DENVER
1444 SOUTH HAVANA -- AURORA
1905 S. FEDERAL BLVD. -- DENVER
4475 PEORIA STREET -- DENVER

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Jason:

I used to live in Denver and am really shocked that the two McDonalds on the 16th Street Mall aren't included. With all the people living downtown you'd think that this would be a no-brainer, unless there is now a video rental store downtown somewhere.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it seems to be pretty random if you ask me. There are about a dozen McD's within 5 minutes from me (Lakewood area) but not a one is on that list.

This is supposed to be a summer long thing so perhaps they will expand it to all of the McD's in this neck of the woods.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Amusingly, I caught a tv commercial earlier for what looked suspiciously like the opportunity to "make money" operating these machines.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
hey Gary

I watch WWE RAW faithfully every week and they have an ad to buy one of these all the time. Next time it's on I'll post the 1-800 number. Maybe I'll buy one and put it in my friend's deli.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They've started to expand the kiosks to most of the McD's around here now, so I finally checked one out. To my surprise, everything was OAR! On any movie that had a widescreen and a fullscreen release, only the widescreen was available and it specifically said "Widescreen" in the description.

The machines are pretty cool and easy to use. Touch screen is there to pick your movie with basic info about it. 40 movies are carried at a time I believe, the top 40 rentals, and this includes the new releases that week. Pick your movie(s), swipe your credit card, out comes your movies in their own plastic thin jewel case. Just return them by sliding the dvd back in at any McD's.

I will definitely rent here instead of a Blockbuster's or Hollywood Video for new releases that I'm either not sure of buying, or just want to see with no interest in buying. For a buck a day, you can't go wrong. Actually a $1.05 w/ tax. :)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I saw one of these a long time ago at the Cinemark Legacy in Plano, TX. I don't know if they still have it, but I've never come out of a movie saying, "Gee, I feel like renting a movie" :)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor

Are you telling me McDonalds sell food in the USA? They ought to distribute some to our branches in the UK!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks