What's new

McDonald's Monopoly Best Chance 2.0 game -- with Best Buy Bucks! (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, if anyone's curious about the SASE form of getting game pieces, I've received 333 sets of game pieces back (4 Monopoly stamps + 1 Best Buy Chance piece each) so far. It only took 8 business days to get them back. I've sent away for 498 total, and probably will send out more before the November 8 deadline.

--Mark--

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Woman in Sheboygan, Wisconsin won a million dollars off a hashbrown on Sunday. How would it feel to have been the person in line before her who passed on the meal and just got a sandwich?
smile.gif

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Just to throw this out there: was at BB today and handed over 3 $1 coupons when buying a DVD. The clerk said "just three of these?" when ringing up my order. I asked if there was a limit on what I could use, and he said it's unlimited. I don't know if that's up to the clerk, or with the computer would have only accepted 3.

Anyone try the online glitch yet?

-paul

Deborah_T

Agent
Markdude, I'm curious, have you won anything spectacular with all those game pieces you are sending away for?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
quote:Anyone try the online glitch yet?

Yes, did it yesterday/today. Punched in 18 $1 BB buck codes on line for Mulan (strange, didn't charge tax) yesterday, in store pick up today, no problem.

Then went to grab Aladdin using MovieCashPlus (expires on 10/31) that I needed to use. Cashier only limited me to using 3 and noted that's limit for CD/DVD purchases. Sounds like YMMV for instore purchases.

Dayam, 500+? I've only sent in 40 SASEs (received 36 back) so far. Yeah, about a week and a half to and from California...not bad.

I think I'll be limiting myself to about a 100-120 if my writing hand holds out. Nothing but $1 BB bucks and about 20 various instant win food items. I figure it's worth the time and ~76 cents (incl. envelope costs) to do getting $1 BB and food for the kids (don't worry, my kids have high metabolisms and we only go out once or twice a month anyhow).

Good luck all.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Deborah, nope, nothing exciting for me yet. I have won about 150 food prizes, though :P. I haven't given up hope for a bigger prize, though, as over 200 more are still coming my way. Last year, I only sent away for 163 and won a $50 BB Gift Card as well as a $50 cash prize, so I'm hoping I at least get something worthwhile this year.

And yeah, writing out over 1,000 envelopes by hand may seem a little crazy, but (especially when you count in the online glitch) I think it's well worth it. Of course, I'll have to make two separate purchases in-store and at least 12 online orders because of limits, but it'll be very nice for Christmas shopping.

If I can resist the urge to use these, I'm planning on saving them for black Friday. I'll take $300 in BB Bucks (the limit) and pass the rest on to my brother so we can use them all on the great deals that will be available. So that'll be a lot of fun

Oh, and Bob, just FYI, BB Bucks are (supposed to be) redeemed before the calculation of sales tax. So when you use $18 in BB Bucks on an $18 item, you're charged tax on, well, $0.00, so that's yet another plus for the Best Buy Bucks.

--Mark--

Alan GZ

Auditioning
I have done a number of these SASE requests, but I am a little worried about sending any past this week for fear of them "running out" of the game pieces and thus being out 74 cents per request. Just wanted to get any thoughts you guys had about this being a possibility....Thanks

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Alan, I had similar worries last year. My requests were sent out through the duration of the game. My last ones went out just days before the promotion was over, and I just ended up assuming they ran out. But then, to my surprised, I did end up getting my SASEs back with the game pieces and everything. So, especially at this point, I would not even consider that as a problem.

--Mark--

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Alan,

Yes, there's always going to be a few that don't make it back home. Out of the first 40 I sent, 36 have made it back so far. The 36 came in one bundle so I'm hopeful the remaining stragglers will come though shortly.

Mark, thanks for the info on the on line no tax thing. That is definitely a nice side bonus on top of it all. Although with other offers like this, you're normally responsible for sales tax in my experience.

Off to write up more envelopes.

Alan GZ

Auditioning
Bob, When you entered the codes online and then picked up the dvd in the store did you have to bring in the BB Bucks to the store with you? I was going to test doing a dvd online with home shipping all in BB Bucks but the est. arrival date on any dvd I tried was the first part on December, which I don't understand....Thanks

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Nope. They looked that the pick up order oddly because it looked like I got the DVD for free. I told them I used BB bucks and he said, "sweet deal"! No problems.

John Gido

Second Unit
Best Buy's policy on this offer this year is horrible. Went to pick up Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2 with 12 Best Buy Bucks (4 disks, 3 per disk) knowing about the "Limit 3 per DVD". I was informed that I could only use 3 for this purchase. Asked to speak to the manager who informed me that they received an e-mail from corporate about the "Limit 3" policy. When I said that this was not a single DVD, but a 4 disk set, I was informed that LTGC was considered a single DVD because it only had 1 bar code. I then asked why it was priced at $49.99 and not $19.99 and the manager told me that it was priced that high because it contained 4 disks!
furious.gif

Got back to work and called the corporate office to register a complaint. The CS Rep couldn't understand why the policy had changed from last year's promotion and took down my information although I don't expect anything to come of it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
quote:And yeah, writing out over 1,000 envelopes by hand may seem a little crazy
Are you really hand-addressing all envelopes? Are envelopes with printed addresses rejected? It is simple to make a template in Word and print 25 envelopes at a time. You could automate the entire envelope create process, leaving only stamping my hand. And for that many envelopes, it might be worth investing in one of those office postage meters.

As for me, I'm too lazy to try this scheme.
smile.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe the rules say something like "Mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified," or something to that effect.

Not to mention spending over $750 on postage. :wink:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:Actually, it was only about $370 in postage.

Oh, I see. 500 to mail out, 500 for them to mail back. I thought you sent 1000 requests (which would be 2000 stamps unless you're here in VT).

Jason_B_

Auditioning
While on the subject of Vermont does anyone know if it takes any longer to get the envelopes back if you live in Vermont. I was wondering since they are putting the postage on if it would take any longer.

Thanks,

Jason

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, they don't put postage on it. They simply enter the address on a computer, and it is then printed onto a postage-paid envelope. I wouldn't expect it to take much longer than the usual ones (in terms of the number of days it takes to get them back).

--Mark--

Jason_B_

Auditioning
Thats good to know thanks for the information. Hope they don't read my address wrong
smile.gif

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks