McDonald's drops the one thing that made me eat there again!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jesse Skeen, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Yes, I know in the grand scheme of things this is very meaningless, but if you choose to read this then just hear me out or ignore it.

For a long time I've found McDonald's food to be very bland and boring, and only eat there when it's the only thing around, or if I'm just bored with the other choices. A few months ago they introduced something that actually made me want to go there, the Spicy Premium Chicken sandwich. It wasn't perfect, I still preferred the ones at Jack in the Box or Wendy's, but since neither of those are close to where I work the one at McDonald's was a worthy substitute. I was in the mood for one today at lunch, and was devastated beyond belief when I pulled into the drive-thru and asked for one only to be told "We don't have that anymore." It figures that they would bring out one thing that I didn't find boring, then discontinue it shortly after, of course keeping all the other bland stuff on the menu. I had to settle for a Big Mac today, and it reminded me right away why I don't go to McD's more often. Their food is just plain BORING! I have a limited choice of places to eat lunch when I'm at work, amazingly McDonald's has TWO locations on the same street very close to each other though. What competition there is will just have to do I guess. I just sent a message at McDonald's website asking them to extend a middle finger to whoever decided to axe the Spicy Chicken sandwich- the world is now a sadder place as a result.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

That's why they dropped it. Sales weren't good enough to keep it on the menu.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

So instead of making it better, they drop it altogether. Yeah, that makes sense. Where's a Ronald McDonald statue that I can go kidnap? [​IMG]

4. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

haha, we went just two days ago and that's what I really wanted and they did not have it!! Guess it's back to Wendy's for me!

5. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Yeah, thats like several years ago McDonald's dropped the Homestyle Hamburger, the best burger they ever made, I miss that burger.

Same thing for Taco Bell, out of the blue, they got rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito, what were they thinking???????????????????????????????????

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Why do people always feel like they have to justify eating McDonald's food??

7. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I still pine for the loss of the ArchDeluxe.

8. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I miss it too!

~T

9. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

haha i bet no one misses the Burger King taco's...thats for sure

What McDonalds really needs to bring back is the McRib sandwich.

MmMmmmm yummy

10. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

It was originally called the Chillito! I guess sales were low and they changed the name to Chili Cheese Burrito. Then they were gone - And I have never been back to Taco Bell.

11. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

My area had it late last year.

~T

12. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Still my first choice for fast food. Most likely will always be until they stop putting beef tallow in their delicious, delicious fries. Plus the double cheeseburger and McChicken for a buck = serious yummies.

13. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

No chili cheese burrito :shock!!

We still have them around here $0.99

14. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    It's funny that I ran across this thread. My wife picked up McDonald's for dinner yesterday and told me they didn't have the spicey chicken sandwich. I accused her of missing it on the menu. I guess I need to go apologize now. [​IMG]

15. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey

I stopped at one of the Taco Bells awhile back and they had them on the menu, but I cant remember which Taco Bell or if it was a teaser thing, I found it unusual after being gone for years one would pop up on the menu.

Chili Cheese Burrito/Chilito we called it both ways absolutely the best.

BRING BACK THE CHILITO WORLDWIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Maybe we should start a new thread, who misses the Chilito LOL

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

My wife still wants Burger King's Yumbo.

After I typed that, I think it sounds rather sick given the state of BK's recent advertising and the creepy "king"! [​IMG]

17. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I think the chili cheese burrito is a store by store thing. Around here some have them and some don't.

I haven't been in awhile but my standard order is a chicken quesedilla and 1-2 chili cheese burritos.

18. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Went to Taco Bell today. When the heck did the regular taco become $0.89?

~T

19. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I heard they changed the name because the word "chillito" was slang in Mexico for um... a part of the male anatomy.

Anyone know if that's true or just urban myth?

20. William Goodspeed

Sometimes it's hard to beat a good, fresh Double QP with cheese! [​IMG]