What's new

McCartney off of iTunes? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bought some Paul greatest hits on iTunes last July and I went back to score Mull of Kintyre. Most of his stuff is gone. I did a check, and the Beatles are gone, too. It looks like it's gone from Amazon as well. What happened? I don't mind at all buying on CD, since I prefer physical anyway, but I was really hoping to have this song right quick. Denied.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Beatles have never appeared on any legitimate digital format. A lot of the individual Beatles members stuff was up on both, not sure what might have been pulled. Maybe that was part of the Starbucks label imploding?

You aren't the only one to notice:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=878030

But I have yet to see any reasons. I will ping the guys at Wired's Listening Post

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How do you know that isn't me? Ha. It's not. I threw in the Beatles because I thought I heard they were on iTunes, but I'm not a fan anyway. Paul and Wings have been on iTunes a long time, as one of the first things I bought was Take It Away. I think it was in 2007. I bought a bunch of other tracks last year, but that other post is right--it's down to a handful now.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The Beatles have yet to be on iTunes. However if you were one of the lucky 30K people you could of purchased the remasters on a thumbdrive in FLAC format! First time they have released their music digitally!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks