What's new

Maya (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I notice a post today that Maya is being released by WB via their on-demand program. I did some research on Maya, but was not able to find much information on the premise of the show other that it was based on elephant and ran for only 18 episodes. I welcome input on this show to see if it is worth buying down road after it has been released.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
My opinion is: Save your money. From what I remember of the show, it was very boring, and poorly conceived. Two teenage boys, one being Jay "Dennis the Menace" North, riding around India on an elephant, looking for North's supposedly dead father. IMHO: Yawn.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It was based on the Widescreen movie of the same title with Clint Walker and Jay North. Warner Archive has released the movie. The movie was pretty good but I have not seen the TV show but it looks to be along the lines of Daktari.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That makes three shows by my count that are on the on-demand program that have yet to be released by Warner Archive, joining "McLain's Law" and "Jericho" (the 60s WW2 show).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
According to TVSHOWSONDVD this is a DVD release through WA and not a Streaming release. It shows a release date of 8/18/14 and price of $39.99 and a picture of the front cover. Although curiously it is not up on the WA pre-order page yet.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Thanks for the correction, I missed the announcement there.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I have never heard of this show but it sounds interesting. I would like someone to release Cowboy in Africa too.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Ian K McLachlan said:
I have never heard of this show but it sounds interesting. I would like someone to release Cowboy in Africa too.
Well, there's an audience for everything. To me, Maya, Cowboy in Africa and Daktari were about 3 of the most unwatchable shows of the 60s. Still, glad to see it being released as any half season failed show releases are a good thing.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Neil, your comment made me laugh.

I loved Daktari as a child, but when I rented the recent dvd release, I thought, "What dreck!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks