What's new

May have to return my newly acquired Pioneer speakers due to size. Need advice on smaller ones. (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Here is my current Set Up: Speakers: SP-PK51FS (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theater+Speakers/SP-PK51FS) MINUS the SW8 Subwoofer. My subwoofer is the BIC F12 Receiver: Denon AVR 1912 Blu-Ray Sony S580 You may have seen my other thread here about this set up. It sounds really good and I'm happy with it but the size has gotten to me finally. They are just too bulky for my small room and I need smaller speakers. I will keep my Denon 1912 Receiver and my F12 sub but I need the rest. Anything you guys can suggest that still sounds awesome and is preferably less than 1000 dollars? I appreciate the help! Ray

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=On-Wall/Shelf/Stand%20Speakers&productid=ProCinema%20600%20System I have on-wall Definitive Tech speakers but they are out of your range but these are in your price range.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
The link doesn't seem to work. Ray EDIT: Saw that it says Pro Cinema 600 in the link. I've heard of the 800 Series and they supposed to sound great. I'm looking at the 1000 Series now and it looks very intriguing. Granted the price is out of my range but I don't need a subwoofer. My current one is amazing and I am happy with it. I'll probably buy the 4 other speakers.... Hmmm. Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Did some more reading and the Definitive looks great! I am very interested in the 1000series. I have a question though.... What is the difference between the 600 - 800 and 1000 Series speakers except different in "loudness". My room is rather small so I don't need something very loud. If the quality is the same on all 3, I could save myself lots of money by going with the 600 series. Ray

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
It looks like the 1000's have bigger drivers then the 600,s which would give you more dynamic range.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm... any other difference? Anyone else have any idea? I can't find any reviews of the 1k Series. Ray

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
How about these? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269004 http://www.amazon.com/Energy-RC-Micro-Pack-Theater/dp/B006J0NZ6Q/ref=sr_1_18?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1326713158&sr=1-18 http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/clearance/544101679/mirage-nanosat-prestige-5 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SwVUF4X2e2j/p_108PT5PIIB/Infinity-Primus-Theater-5-pack-II.html Or, sell your towers and buy another pair of Pioneer bookshelves. The DefTech's are very good satellites, though.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Thanks for the other speaker suggestions. I do like the DefTechs styling. I'm on my way to Best Buy now return my Pioneers (they sounded so great :rock: ). Will look at the DefTechs at BestBuy. But from the way it looks, I'll probably get this: ProMonitor 1000 x 2 ProCenter 1000 x 1 ProMonitor 800 x2 (For surrounds, I think getting the 1k's for surrounds may be overkill, no?) Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Phewww..... took FOREVER to return the Pioneers. Lines were long and VERY slow... anyways. This is what I bought: 4x ProMonitor 1000 1x ProCenter 1000 And they sound INCREDIBLE. I can't believe that these little speakers sound to crystal clear and fill my room even more than my giant Pioneers did. They just sound so much more "complete". It's hard to explain. I was afraid that they would sound bad due to the size and they were REALLY expensive compared to my Pioneers. I paid around 300 bucks for my 5 Pioneer speakers and these ones cost me 1200 !!! But I am not regretting it ONE BIT. (At 220 bucks a speaker they better sound good, lol) I am very very happy and I'm a DefTech believer now :) Thank you VERY much suggesting the ProCinema 600 to me. They made me look into the 1k's. By the way, if anyone else is interested in either of the DefTech systems, the 600 sounds like junk compared to the 1k's. I've listened to both at Magnolia and the 600 sounded almost like glorified PC Desktop Speakers. Ray

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I'm glad you like them I have been a Deftech owner for 10+ years now and love them!

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Hell yea I love them. Only thin that bothers me is that the speaker wire connectors on the rear of the speakers are REALLY close to each other. Had a hard time poking the speaker wire thorugh them. I need to buy some more banana plugs to fix that issue. Upon starting the receiver up it actually shut itself off once I started Auddysseyy because on one of my speakers, the speaker wires touched each other :( Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Damn it, I knew I should stop looking online.... Now I have a new Dilemma, I just learned about the Pro Center 2000. The 1000 Center sounds great but its pretty small. I'd like a little extra "oompfh" from the Center channel so I am now considering the 2k series. Anyone here heard both of them? Any noticeable difference? BestBuy doesn't have them so there is no way for me to check them out. Thanks, Ray

haonewbags

Auditioning
Real Name
haonewbags
Beautiful Nike NFL Jerseys is always being the favorites for men and women who like to have sports. And discount Nike Shoes also are the choice of people. Cheap Nike shoes with our Cheap NFL Jerseys here have high quality will give you a comfortable sport. 2012 Juicy Couture Bags in such low prices will help you to wholesale products from our Juicy Couture Outlet store sale; you can find many beautiful Juicy Couture Handbags for girls in our site. Online Coach Outlet handbags also have many Coach Handbags on sale in excellent appearance and quality, come to shop products from Coach Handbags Sale in our Coach Handbags Outlet. Discounts shoes from Nike Outlet shop will make you in good mood.

haonewbags

Auditioning
Real Name
haonewbags
Cheap Red Bottom Shoes are popular all over the world. Women with charming Red Sole Shoes will become more beautiful. And the Winter Coats on sale in our site can match any Red Sole Heels shoes. In this cold winter, you will need a warm Winter Clothes sale and high quality Red Boots shoes. You can purchase excellent Winter Jackets for men and women in our Winter Coat Sale. Fashionable new Red Bottom Heels can be easily bought here; you will like the shoes with Red Bottoms here. Come on; choose some stylish Red High Heels shoes to parties.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Ah Crap, see what I got myself into now?.... Now its a fight between the ProCenter 2000 and the C/L/R 2002. They both cost pretty much the same on Amazon now. 2002: http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-Speaker-Single-Black/dp/B000TD8XCU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326809856&sr=1-2 2000: http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-ProCenter-Compact-Speaker/dp/B000UW270Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326809856&sr=1-1 As I understand it, the 2002s are better, but will they "overpower" my ProMonitor 1000s??? Amazon claims that the 2002s once cost $529,- !!! and its down to about 355,-. Also, its Free shipping for me as I am an Amazon Prime customer. Hmmmm.... Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Well, I just couldn't resist and ordered a C/L/R 2002 from Amazon and Floor Stands and Wall mounts for my 1k's. I will once I get everything set and ready I will take some pictures and post them here if nobody minds. Thanks, Ray EDIT: Well, just got off the phone with a DefTech service advisor and he said that the 2002 won't mach as well as the 2k series for my 1k Monitors.... hmmm....but in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20798879&postcount=5643 someone says that a different DefTech employee said that they sound identically but the CLR looks better. If I get better looks for the same price as the 2k, why not :) He also said that I should set the Center to 60 Hz, the Monitors to 80 and the subwoofer to 120Hz (The sub frequency he said in a bit of reluctant way hehe, I guess he didn't want to say it this cut and dry but oh well)

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
The C/L/R 2002 is a good center channel. It shouldn't over power the 1000's just make sure to go through and calberate the system.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Would you say its a good idea to set the CLRs as "Large" or should I keep them at "Small"? According to an Auddyssey guide, it always good to set all speakers to small so the Sub takes care of all the Bass Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Done. I've set everything up with my current ProCenter 1000 and this is what I've noticed so far. They sound much better than the Pioneers for starters, but, it seems, the louder I set them to, the more prominent my Satellites become and the Center seems to slowly fade away from the sound picture the louder it gets. I hope the CLR 2002 will take care of that. Also, it seems the louder I go, the more all my new Speakers overpower my Sub, lol. Please don't tell me that I have to upgrade my Sub already hehe Also, this may be a bit off topic, but why get 3 Way speakers and Centers with integrated Subs etc. when you set them to small speakers anyways, thus making the internal Subs useless? Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks