What's new

Maverick on DVD? (1 Viewer)

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen some sets of Maverick for sale as various 3 disk 'volumes' on Ebay.
Anyone know the status of its being released as Season sets?
Thanks
Howard

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The only "Official" Maverick DVD released-to-date (that I'm aware of) is a single-disc three episode sampler. This was released as part of Warner's "Television Favorites" line last Fall. This was probably released to see how much interest there was in the series.

The "Cheyenne" series was also released as a three-ep single-disc sampler at about the same time; and Season One of that series has recently been announced for release, so one would assume that it sold better than the Maverick sampler.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This would be an ideal question for the upcoming (date TBA) chat with the Warner TV/Animation crew.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Considering that Warner, not Sony, controls those shows, that would show they don't know much to begin with.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I believe that Warner told us last year that Maverick is not on its DVD radar screen.

The good news is that Encore Westerns is currently airing the entire series.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
...and they are also running CHEYENNE as well.

The shows are uncut -except the next week previews and some pre-title teasers (Scenes from the episode) are cut.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
It's not a DVD release, but Netflix is offering all five seasons of Maverick (along with the 1981 Garner TV-movie Bret Maverick) through their Instant Viewing feature.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

They've actually got it listed under both ...

Maverick (TV Seasons) (Sony)
Maverick (TV Seasons) (Warner Bros.)
Max Headroom (TV Seasons) (Sony)

But you're right, the information is probably inaccurate, and it was just wishful thinking on my part to see these releases potentially in the pipeline.

I was DVR-ing Maverick on Encore and the prints were actually pretty good but, ironically, it just made me wistful for a DVD set I could keep on my shelf and watch at my convenience (and not clog up my DVR queue). I think I need to get over this 'must own' mindset when it comes to some of my favorite shows that are actually still airing.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That list also shows things that were cancelled long ago like "Bridget Loves Bernie" and S2 of "The Bill Cosby Show."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks