What's new

Mauvais Sang, removable subtitles ? (1 Viewer)

I'm interested by Mauvais Sang (Bad Blood) (1986)Wellspring ~ NR ~ 125 mins. from Leos Carax but when I buy a French movie distributed in the USA, I'm always afraid that the subtitles could be non-removable, burned in the picture. Can someone tell me if it is the case and if the quality of the dvd is acceptable.

Thanks

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I'm always afraid that the subtitles could be non-removable, burned in the picture.
I have no idea about the DVD in question, but one thing you should be aware of: subtitles may be non-removable without being burned into the picture, if the DVD is authored to force the subtitles to always be on. DVD players that can defeat that do exist, but they are quite rare, unfortunately...

Ted

Andrew_K

Stunt Coordinator
Mauvais Sang has removable subtitles, and has good transfer. All three Leos Carax titles Pola X, Mauvais Sang and Boy Meet Girl have pretty good (for Fox Lorber - Wellspring standards) transfers (most probably PAL -> NTSC conversions) and optional subtitles.

Also Lovers on the Bridge released under the orignal French title Les Amants du Pont-Neuf in the UK has very good transfer and optional English subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks