What's new

"Matt Houston" will be released next year!!! (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
According to TVshowDVD the famous 80´s TV series "Matt Houston" will be released in 2010.
I always thought that Warner has got the rights but they say that CBS/Parmount will probably release the series next year.

We all know what that could mean...-hopefully not half seasons like in "Vega$" or "The Streets of San Francisco". I hat half seasons!!!

I´m looking forward to pick up this TV show next year!!!!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

According to TVshowDVD the famous 80´s TV series "Matt Houston" will be released in 2010.
I always thought that Warner has got the rights but they say that CBS/Parmount will probably release the series next year.

We all know what that could mean...-hopefully not half seasons like in "Vega$" or "The Streets of San Francisco". I hat half seasons!!!

I´m looking forward to pick up this TV show next year!!!!
Agreed on the volume thing; if they cut this in volumes, I will not purchase! It's all or nothing.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I caught the news yesterday aswell.. great news!

Matt Houston is an Aaron Spelling property so it would fall under the CBS/Paramount library. As I believe they have the rights to all the Spelling shows.

Full Season sets please!

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I remember watching this show and liking it when it was first on. I may check it out.

Personally, I don't care how the seasons are released. I just look at the per episode cost.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Do CBS/paramount typically split seasons that only have 22-24 episodes per season? I thought that policy was mainly for old (pre-1970s) shows where there were as many as 36 or so episodes per season.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am hoping they do not do the volumes, like Vega$. I can not stand the volumes, because it just clutters my book case.

I like this show and it was only out for three season, so, it should be very easy to sell and package.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
It seems like any CBS/Paramount release that has the Spelling name attached to it gets split seasons. There are exceptions, but then again who knows how they choose to do these. Split seasons make no sense and usually are priced too high for most consumers and sales lack and then further seasons get stalled. Or should I say volumes.

if Matt is indeed a Spelling release then just ready yourself for split seasons. 3 seasons = 6 Volumes and will take them about 4 years to release haha.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
One of the Spelling shows from the 70's / 80's group that CBS/Paramount did not split was "Hotel: Season 1". I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I would be wrong in saying previously that CBS / Paramount has the rights to all spelling properties. Because, Sony has Charlie's Angels for one.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'll gladly touch split seasons, maybe not truly gladly but imagine people hadn't bought Streets oSF's first split season it might not have gone beyond that, but it did with two seasons so far. Three to go hopefully being/been remastered by now, but it just shows that no matter how it's released, and for whatever crazy reason split up, it mostly pays off to buy it regardless.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm "split" on these s/s sets. It depends on the show for me. What I've done is to wait till Christmas or birthday to get s/s sets as a rule.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

I'll gladly touch split seasons, maybe not truly gladly but imagine people hadn't bought Streets oSF's first split season it might not have gone beyond that, but it did with two seasons so far. Three to go hopefully being/been remastered by now, but it just shows that no matter how it's released, and for whatever crazy reason split up, it mostly pays off to buy it regardless.

Another way to look at it is if they had done full season sets then we might have gotten 4 seasons out instead of 2. One can never say never but as of now I would say it looks grim for us getting the remainder of this fine series.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I wouldn't say it's grim looking, assuming they did alright in sales which is highly the chance. I think the reason the remaining seasons haven't been released, in succession of the first two, is that they weren't transferred to HD like those had been. That's what hopefully should be corrected now, and it could be why they split them in the first place to make more time, so I too hope they'll be full seasons next.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

One of the Spelling shows from the 70's / 80's group that CBS/Paramount did not split was "Hotel: Season 1". I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
That's something that they, so far, are doing right by. I just hope that future releases of that one don't get split.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Seasons two and three were the best of this series. Buddy Epsen played Matt's uncle in the third season. Huston also returns to Vietnam in a two part episode to find his cousin.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think the first season is definately the best of the three. But, I enjoyed them all. Where as Vega$ the first season was the weakest of the three.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by bmasters9

That's something that they, so far, are doing right by. I just hope that future releases of that one don't get split.
Yeah, I hope we see season 2 sometime next year.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'll be getting this.I have no doubt this will be released in split seasons. Mannix is the only obscure cop/detective show that Paramount will release full seasons of,because it was championed by higher ups in the company.I wonder when we'll get an official release date for Matt Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks