What's new

Matlock Season 1: Finally (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
With all due respect to DVD Talk, they are wrong. The review at Gord's site contradicts the DVD Talk review and says that the last episode is uncut running at about 48 minutes. I checked my disc of the last episode and confirmed that it runs 48 minutes.

The only episode I wondered about was the pilot listed at 91 minutes. A two hour movie of that era would run about 97 minutes. That doesn't mean it is cut; perhaps it just ran short. Any Matlock buffs know for sure?

As I said before, video issues aside, the entertainment value is quite high. I loved this show during its original run and will gladly buy all seasons as they are released. I think CBS erred in releasing this the same day as the Mason set, but their marketing people have more info than I do so hopefully this sold well for them.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
It's been a few months since Season 1 (and a few weeks since its unofficial "spin-off" Jake and the Fatman) was released. Any news on when/if we may see Season 2 of Matlock?

If there is to be a second season release, I really hope it's in one complete set, and not the much-hated split season that Paramount seems to be so fond of inflicting on the public.

Glenn Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I've just got round to watching season 1 and am thoroughly enjoying the program.

I had forgotten how good it was.

What I am shocked at though is the awful picture quality. I realize that it was edited on video but episode four The Stripper must rank as about the worst I've seen for some time. The color at the top of the frame is slightly flickering just like you used to get with tracking problems on VHS tapes.

Notwithstanding this, I look forward to watching the rest of the season and already have seasons two and three ready to watch.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You are talking about a television series, or rather the season, was produced back in 1986. You have to take into consideration that there is a lot of material, television shows and movies, that probably weren't cared for all that much. I had no problems with my copy of Matlock Season and I still have to sit through and watch Season 2, purchase and watch Season 3. Matlock is still one of my favourite television shows.

Glenn Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yes I am still enjoying the show very much. It was just the exceptionally poor quality of this particular episode.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, Mark makes a good point and I've noticed the picture Q with Matlock S1 as well but as Mark said, it's a great show. I'm watching this one for the 1st time on DVD and it's been one of my best blind-buys. Don't ask how I missed this one in the 80's

Matlock's got just the right amount of country lawyer feel and a good mystery storyline in each episode.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm definitely interested in trying this one out. I am a big Andy Griffith fan with the original Andy Griffith show as one of my all time favorites. I saw a few episodes of this in repeats and enjoyed it at the time and Andy is perfect casting for the southern lawyer type. While the questionable video has held me back a little it has been primarily the price. I just haven't seen a good enough deal on it yet. Some day.

Glenn Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I had forgotten how good it was and am really enjoying watching them. It's a pity they don't make shows like this nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks