Matching Center

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by 20s2k03, Oct 27, 2011.

1. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Extra

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to have a pair of speakers from my buddy's house fall into my lap. They are Infinity Reference 2000.6. I know that they are way below the level of speaker that most of you are probably at, but for free, I'm not gonna sit here and complain. The problem I am running into is that I do not have a matching center speaker for these and I am not sure which one I should try to get in order to have a proper balance up front! I know that an Infinity CC-3 center speaker would probably be ideal, but I cannot seem to find one anywhere! Thanks for your time!

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Those look like pretty good speakers. I have a fondness for old Infinity's. Currently have a pair of Kappa 5.1'a and a pair of Reference Five's. Looking to sell them both but I'm in no hurry. Also a pair of Infinitesimal IV's. And Beta's in my family room. And yes, it does look like the CC-3 is a good match. The CC-2 and CC-1 look like they have different drivers and tweeters. There's currently two CC-3's on ebay. one auction ends in 22 hours and the other has a Buy-It-Now price of $138.

3. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Extra

Hey! Thanks for the advice Gene! I was able to pick up the CC-3 center speaker for $71 shipped from ebay!

4. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Isn't the internet great! :banana: 10 years ago you would have zero chance of finding one so quickly. BTW, I just won a Pioneer Elite vsx-03 off ebay. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Someone help me. (:D)

5. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Extra

Alright, So as I said, I have both the Infinity Reference 2000.6 Towers and the matching Infinity CC-3 Center speaker. But I cannot find anywhere what surround speakers are recommended/or have been used with a good review, does anyone know what would be the best speakers for me to use as surrounds? Thanks again all!