What's new

Masterpiece Theater Audio Problem? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Recently I watched the new Sherlock Holmes (didn't really care for it) and am now watching the first episode of "The Virgin Queen." I have noticed same problem with the audio in both programs.

It seems the vocal track is being overwhelmed by everything else, whether it be the music, sound effects, or background noise. I've never watched a tv program where the vocals are so overwhelmed by everything else.

I am watching our local pbs station in Jacksonville via DirecTV. All our other tv programming audio seems well balanced and do not encounter this problem when watching a DVD or a vhs tape or any other program source.

Am I the only one with this problem, or are others experiencing this?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I experienced a similar problem three years ago. Turned out I had a blown tweeter in my center speaker. The lost dialog was only noticeable on DTS and DD 5.1 content, not Pro Logic.

There wasn't any audio problem when I watched Sherlock Holmes. Skipped the Virgin Queen.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Other than just listening, is there a way to determine if a speaker is faulty.

It doesn't seem likes its the speaker, since the problem only occurs with Masterpiece Theater.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I missed some dialog on The Virgin Queen also (DirecTV). I assume it's the mix.

Off topic: was that Elizabeth in Dudley's bed at the end of Ep. 1 or somebody else?

Rob

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

That is my impression exactly.

Can't tell you about the end as I haven't finished it yet. Not sure I like it enough to continue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks