What's new

MASTER LIST: Warner Archive & Other Studio MOD DVDs With Trailers (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
davidHartzog said:
The Sweet Ride, 1967, has a trailer. Fox mod.
Surely that Fox, not Warners? Is it true that it's a pan-and-scan presentation?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Updated.

Surprised about Fox adding trailers to their lackluster MOD program. Some of the older trailers on their pressed releases were international trailers that had no text on them, rendering them pretty much worthless.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
GEORGE WASHINGTON SLEPT HERE, THE HORN BLOWS AT MIDNIGHT, and HEY GOOD LOOKIN' (WA) all have trailers. The two Jack Benny titles are currently Movies Unlimited exclusives.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
It was so nice of Warner's to have a sale in time for me to spend my birthday money. :)

And, to add to the list of those not yet mentioned:

Hey Good Lookin'
The Secret Garden
Sweethearts
Tenth Avenue Angel

All have trailers. Bugs Bunny Superstar doesn't have a trailer but it does have a director commentary.

Sweethearts also has an audio vault with two radio versions of the story, both with Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy as well as a recording session.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I have a question...The Warner Archive YouTube channel has trailers for quite a few of the earlier releases (Titles like "Feds" and "Second Sight" come immediately to mind). The trailers aren't on the actual DVDs, though. Why is that? Is it related to music rights issues or did these discs go to press before the trailers were found?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

This would probably be a question for WA's Facebook page, but I also figured that many of this forum's members might have an idea as to why this is.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I've been told that on occasion, it's a storage issue (DVD-9, DVD-14, etc) - i.e., in order to master the film at the best picture quality, there's little room left on the disc to include a trailer. However, there have been occasions where they didn't have it immediately available; SITTING TARGET uses a TV spot since they could not locate the full theatrical version.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
Grabbed a handful of titles from the Columbus day sale. Both of these have trailers on the disc.

China Clipper (1936)
These Wilder Years (1956)

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
The Fox MOD of Siodmak's CRY OF THE CITY has a trailer. This is a Fox MOD you can safely purchase as it is a good looking transfer/pressing/whatever of a classic noir, not to be missed.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
This had to have been prepped for its excellent Fox Noir DVD line. Not sure how it didn't make it in.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
More Warner Archive MODs with trailers:

THE GREAT SANTINI
KANSAS CITY BOMBER
THE LONELINESS OF THE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER
SWEET REVENGE
THE WALKING STICK

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
WA MODs with trailers:

NIGHTMARE HONEYMOON
THE NUISANCE
TURN BACK THE CLOCK

WA MOD with extra content (no trailer):

INTO THE ARMS OF STRANGERS

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks for all the updates, everyone. I'm afraid I won't be adding to the OP anymore as I am spending less time on HTF these days for a number of reasons. If anyone wants to take over the Master List and add titles accordingly, please contact a site administrator and I'm sure they will allow you access for continually revising and updating the first post in this thread. Thanks to everyone for all the contributions.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For all thread participants and readers, the Master List has been updated. Just keep posting titles as usual and I'll update the Master List as soon as possible. Thank you for everyones contributions especially the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks