What's new

Master and Commander.....Details (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Tom - thanks for your response, but I was wondering specifically about whether we'd get the actual packaging shown earlier (with the map and everything). It doesn't look like we will. Do you know anything for sure ?

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I'm starting to get confused now - there's an update on todays Dvdtimes site and it specifically mentions an audio commentary.

Do we know for a fact that no regions will have an audio commentary by Peter Weir?

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=10642

quote:
'The one-disc version will only carry the audio commentary by director Peter Weir and have an RRP of £15.99, whereas the in-depth extras found on the two-disc version are printed in our previous news item. '

and the Play site mentions an audio commentary too

http://www.play247.com/play247.asp?p...3&p=57&c=&g=72

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Thanks for the update John. :)

I preordered mine from Dvdsoon and was a bit concerned if region 2 suddenly gets more extras than region 1.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Interesting Dan, that is exactly my modus operandi, I thought I was a bit odd. Posted about it in another thread, but I specifically don't go to see a film when I *know* I want to own the DVD.

For those who may not mind a "Canadian" edition, and what that may mean to the outer packaging language-wise, the 2-disc edition is quite cheap here, what I would call "normal" pricing. I pre-ordered it for about US$19, less than a buck more than the 1-disc version (very reminiscent of the "Red Dragon" Director's 2-disc price scenario of last year), so it's a no-brainer. In fact, the Can. 2-disc costs less than the U.S. 1-disc at amazon.ca, but I didn't order it there. There is very little chance that the Can. version will differ from the U.S. version re content, just may be some bilingual labelling that we can't see yet.

I tried to pre-order this from Columbia House Canada about a month ago, but they only listed the single disc version at that time, may have changed. Typically they don't carry 2 versions of the same title (besides P&S/WS I mean).

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Duh, after reading this entire thread, I didn't even think about that. Looks like it is only the single disc version they carry. Oh well, I'll get to find out how much I like it. If it blows me away, maybe I'll double dip for the extras (which I often don't watch anymore).

Dan

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

Since this is a Fox release, the Canadian version will probably have identical packaging to the US version, with the possibility of a bilingual "insert" under the shrinkwrap.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link to the review (like I needed anything to get me more excited for this release) but what's with the release date? I thought it was April 20, but the banner ad on the HTF home page says May 20. I hope that's just a typo.

Sten F

Second Unit

Say, CraigF, where did you pre-order this for about $ 20.00?

Would have been nice if you posted a link.

Jeff>K>B

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the 2 disc CE is at Amazon.ca for $28.69 Cdn, $21-$22 USD. I'd post a link, but apparently I still have one post to go before I'm allowed to do that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks