MASH: A classic

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Daniel J.S., May 9, 2003.

1. Daniel J.S.

Daniel J.S. Stunt Coordinator

Just watched this a couple days ago and found this to be hilarious! The funniest gag was probably Burns and Hot Lips tryst being broadcast over the camp. I know political discussion is discouraged on this board, but I have to say that with the recent war in Iraq (which I was STRONGLY against), this film should have been resurrected. I think a film that reduced war and the authority figures who started it to complete absurdity needed to be seen by as many people as possible (even if you were in favour of the war, you'd still get to see a very funny movie). Anyway, what did other people think about this movie?

2. Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour Supporting Actor

3. Jeff-

Jeff- Extra

4. BrettB

BrettB Producer

With that SARS stuff goin round I can't believe ABC or someone hasn't shown Outbreak yet. I think a film that shows how to deal with this stuff needs to be seen by as many people as possible.

[​IMG]

5. BillyH

BillyH Stunt Coordinator

If for no other reason its a great watch just to hear the words to "Suicide is Painless", classic stuff. Be forewarned, if you are so inclined, the movie soundtrack does not contain the vocal version of that song. I do like the movie but I think the football stuff in the end went on a tad too long.

6. James E

James E Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to say i have the soundtrack and the first track on it is Suicide is Painless[​IMG][​IMG]

james

7. BillyH

BillyH Stunt Coordinator

JAMES,
    Look again, the track is there, but no vocals.

8. BillyH

BillyH Stunt Coordinator

James,
    If you are still out there I thought I better clarify my last note. I checked out your Amazon link and by God if you weren't right! So I was going to humbly respond with something to the extent of, "Please forgive the man with the big mouth and small brain." ,but something just didn't seen right so I trudged down into my deep dark basement and found my 1973 vinyl copy of the soundtrack, and sure enough, not the same! That cool vocal group singing on yours sure ain't on mine! Isn't it nice when everyone is right? Wouldn't it be cool if the world could solve all of its problems as easily? My dusty old copy does have some of the soundtrack of the SIP scene with the actor singing the song but people blabbing over the singing makes the words unintellegible, so I feel that doesn't count. Nuff said.(Gott'a get a life, I know, I know) Have a good day.

9. James E

James E Stunt Coordinator

Billy,
    Don't get a life, just the cd version of the soundtrack.[​IMG] that track is the main resion i bought the disk, well worth it.

james

10. BillyH

BillyH Stunt Coordinator

James,

Thanks for the reply, I'll do that.

Billy

11. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

When the movie came out it was banned in Army theaters...I was then in the Army (learning Vietnamese), and a bunch of us went to a drive-in in El Paso and watched several consecutive shows.
    We loved it.