What's new

Masada (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
I just finished watching this and I loved it! I've never seen the mini-series in its entirety, I've had to live with the edited theatrical verion ("The Antagonists") all this time. The full show is a revelation!

Contrary to the comment above, I thought the picture and sound were fantastic! Absolutely superb in fact - especially for a series that's 26 years old!

Highly recommended!

townsend

Agent
Real Name
Scott
I would like to revive this old thread!

I saw Masada when it was originally broadcast on network TV. I loved it. So I eagerly anticipated its release on DVD.

I know some will disagree with me, but the reviews of the video quality of the region 1 issue scared me away from it. There are three listed at DVD basen, and here's a link:

DVD-Basen - DVD Review Database

I just didn't want to risk it looking faded, washed out, and dirty (one gives it an okay, but the other two are fairly negative).

I just noticed that this title is being released in region 2:

DVD Times - Masada (R2) in January

I surely like the new cover more than the region 1 cover. Unfortunately, I have no reason to suspect this is a new remaster or transfer. Does anybody have any inside info on this? Thanks.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Masada (R1) is perfectly fine in both the PQ and SQ departments. Sure, it's hardly The Dark Knight or The Incredible Hulk but it's as good as you can expect from early 80s television!

If you like this series and want to own it then I wouldn't hesitate in buying this DVD.

(Obviously I can't vouch for the R2 because I haven't seen it)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks