What's new

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of hoping they'd go for a professional voice actor rather than a "name". His voice doesn't have the distinctiveness we associate with great voice acting. I look forward to be pleasantly surprised, though.
On the other hand, I have no worries whatsoever about Vin Diesel. He was terrific voicing the Iron Giant, and his voice IS distinctive.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
You know it's funny, when I read The Guardians of the Galaxy I had a certain type of voice in my head for Rocket, and Cooper actually fits my imagination pretty well.I know some people were thinking cockney or gruff accents, but I always heard his voice in my head as more subdued. I think it's good they aren't going with someone with a very distinctive voice. If they did that, then when you hear the character talk it's hard not to think of the actor "doing the voice". They already have a challenge to get audiences to accept the character just based on what he is, so using an obvious "distinctive voice" might make it tougher to buy into it. A least in my opinion. They went with a name, yes. But he is also a talented actor who is good at serious stuff and comedy. I think it's a good choice. Plus, Cooper isn't a stranger to doing "voices" ;)http://youtu.be/tNVxTynX4Y0My only problem is that he's too tall for Rocket. ;)
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Interesting comments from Vin Diesel regarding his future with the MCUhttp://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179123-vin-diesel-teases-a-merging-of-brands-for-marvel-phase-3
A few weeks back, actor Vin Diesel revealed that his initial meetings with Marvel, which he teased often on his Facebook page, were initially about a new property that Marvel is hoping to launch in 2016. He says from there the talks turned to current roles and lead to his casting as Groot in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, but the talks with Marvel didn't stop there.In an interview with Maria Menounos (via Bleeding Cool), Diesel says he and Marvel are still discussing the role for the mystery 2016 Phase 3 film ."When I met with Marvel it wasn’t for anything immediate, it was to talk about a film that would be introduced in the Phase 3 part of Marvel, not for a few years. You wouldn’t be able to see it for a few years. In my mind, Marvel were doing it right, they were enrolling me at the ground level which is the best way to enroll me.""I get the call, I go down to Marvel. A great meeting. It was even talking about something so big I can’t even talk about because it’s like the merging of brands in a way, which I won’t get into. That was something way, way, way, way, way down the road."Though Diesel teased the meeting to no end on social media, he says he and Marvel agreed to not speak about specifics, and then Comic-Con happened."We had agreed not to say anything about the specifics of the meeting. So, now I’ve got the fans who I love more than I love the industry, than I love everybody… I was thinking “I’ve got to be real with them, I’ve got to tell them something” and yet I want to be respectful of people’s process and if people like to do a slow reveal, you know?"""Quite frankly, it would have been too much to say and it might have been anticlimactic to say 'We’re working on something for 2016' and so I just said 'You’re going to hear some really big news' and I left at the end of that and it went crazy."Diesel confirms that while he is still portraying Groot, his talks with Marvel about the 2016 project are still going on."The next Monday, Marvel talks to me and says “We’re going to send something over in two weeks. We want to focus on the 2016 but we also want to, if possible, answer this growing request for something now.” I don’t have six months to play a character in the immediate future, it’s all booked… there was no way I was going to be able to deliver… after Comic-Con, we were at a stalemate…"These quotes bring up many different questions. What is the 2016 film that Marvel still wants Diesel to star in? What exactly does Diesel mean by "Merging of brands?" And when will we know for sure? Marvel currently has two untitled films slated for release in 2016, on May 6th and another on July 8th. What do you think they could be?
Interesting comment about the "merging of brands". My guess at this point is that Marvel is looking to build up its "Cosmic MCU" starting with Guardians of the Galaxy. It's the same universe, but it is kind of its own separate thing from the Earth-based heroes and Avengers stuff, thus a different "brand". And the culmination of Phase 3 may be (as most speculate) involving Thanos, Avengers, and their Cosmic stuff (Guardians, Inhumans, Nova, Captain Marvel, etc..). So maybe that is what he is referring to.I think that is more likely than hinting at bringing Spider-Man or X-Men into the fold.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sean Bryan said:
You know it's funny, when I read The Guardians of the Galaxy I had a certain type of voice in my head for Rocket, and Cooper actually fits my imagination pretty well.I know some people were thinking cockney or gruff accents, but I always heard his voice in my head as more subdued.
But Rocket had a tough Australian accent, in the cartoon! :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Gipsy Danger said:
Don't know anything about GOTG but really cant wait to see this.
Check out this brief article:www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/HulkstaTheatre/news/?a=87116

Normally like all factors about Comedian films, but not sure about this one. Just have difficulties with a Galaxian Idol team presenting a raccoon.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
15 second teaserhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFPyMOHcHQ&sns=emLooks freak'n cool as shit. Full trailer tonight on Jimmy Kimmel with Chris Pratt
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks like a lot of fun. It has a light-hearted nature that the Man of Steel/Dark Knight movies can't touch.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This is basically the teaser trailer they showed at Comic Con in July with finished effects and a few new shots. I think it works really well as a teaser to give audiences an idea of the tone and look of the film (different from the typical Marvel offering) without really telling you any of the story. I love the use of Hooked on a Feeling. My understanding is that there may be a good bit of "80's" music featured in the film through Peter Quill's Walkman and his "Awesome Mix" tape.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I like the production design a lot, but this trailer left me surprisingly uninterested. Still going to see it.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great look, super fun tone, great casting. Marvel may have done it again!

It's going to be interesting to see how audiences react. This trailer is a good start in that it introduces all the characters in a very basic manner.

Of course, they're NOT the Guardians yet when they're in that lineup...but, that won't matter come release time.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Quentin said:
Of course, they're NOT the Guardians yet when they're in that lineup...but, that won't matter come release time.
Yeah, I could be wrong but I suspect that the whole line up thing with the run down of the characters by JC Riley was done specifically for the trailer and may not be in the film (at least not in that exact form). The reason being, as you said, I don't think the group is likely to be together yet and calling themselves The Guardians of the Galaxy when they are incarcerated. I could be wrong and the story structure completely different from what I think it will be. But that's a suspicion I have. Also, the fact that the other Nova Corp officer said what a bunch of a-holes makes me suspicious that it was filmed specifically for the trailer. Just seems like he would have said assholes or something else if it was actually on the film. Again, I certainly could be wrong about that. But I'd hate to loose Pratt's finger crank and obscene gesture alert. That was great.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Really looking forward to this. I've been a Rocket Raccoon fan since discovering his original comic miniseries many years ago. It's a little scary what his first appearance is going for these days. (Thanks to the movie.) I don't think I paid more than three bucks for it in the 90's. And it wasn't in The Incredible Hulk. ;)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sean Bryan said:
Yeah, I could be wrong but I suspect that the whole line up thing with the run down of the characters by JC Riley was done specifically for the trailer and may not be in the film (at least not in that exact form).Also, the fact that the other Nova Corp officer said what a bunch of a-holes makes me suspicious that it was filmed specifically for the trailer. Just seems like he would have said assholes or something else if it was actually on the film. Again, I certainly could be wrong about that.
It's almost identical (if more finished SFX footage) to the ComiCon trailer, where it was "assholes". But they had to cut for green-band.

(Eh, me, I'm getting' too old for this (explosion!)...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks