Marvel's GUARDIANS of the GALAXY: August 1, 2014

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sean Bryan, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    That's DC, not Marvel.

2. Robert Smith1

Robert Smith
    Brilliant is actually issuing free of charge comics involving Guardians with the Galaxy. Four comics are offered right now depending on Drax. Erika Rooker and Lee Rate brings together the cast.

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Djimon Hounsou has joined the cast as Korath the Pursuer. I'm not very familiar with that character, but I know he's a cosmic dude and he has also been an adversary to the Avengers.. image.jpg Lee Pace has been confirmed as playing Ronan the Accuser.I am familiar with Ronan and he's one bad-ass powerful dude. He's been both an enemy and an ally of the Guardians. image.jpg Benicio Del Toro has been confirmed to be playing The Collector image.jpg

4. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    New concept art image.jpg I love how the shadows of the characters reflect their attributes. That's really cool. image.jpg

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    It's was confirmed at comic con that Thanos will definitely be featured in Guardians of the Galaxy. One of the cast let it slip and then Kevin Feige (and later James Gunn) confirmed it.

6. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Even though they have only been filming for a couple of weeks, they actually showed footage at comic con. Here is a description:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63357?utm_source=full-feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_term=coolnews&utm_campaign=1307_RSS image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg And as you can see from the above, Karen Gillan has shaved her head for the role of Nebula. She surprised the audience by wiping off her wig and throwing to them. image.jpg

7. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    ”They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy.” His deputy: “What a bunch of assholes.”

Yyyyyeah. And to think I was worried that the Scooby-Doo guy was directing this. :rolleyes:

8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Yes, he wrote Scooby-Doo, but he didn't direct those movies. The only recent movies for which he has been writer and director were Super and Slither. I think those are the examples you look at to get a sense of his sensibilities, not a movie he only wrote. He also wrote Dawn of the Dead (2004), kinda different from Scooby, no?Plus, for better or worse, this is a Marvel Studios film. Marvel maintains a significant amount of input and control over all of these movies. The directors are not free to go off and just do whatever they want unchecked. There's rumors (just rumors, mind you) that there is some friction between Marvel and Alan Taylor over the running time of The Dark World. This is going to be a fun movie. It is not going to be an outright comedy, but it will be a quirky, fun space adventure. That's what Marvel wants. Gunn has mentioned that films like Ghostbusters and Galaxy Quest serve as some inspiration for the tone he's going for. And those are two great movies. And considering the source material, which I'm now familiar with unlike when I started this thread, the movie should be a quirky, fun adventure. And you can certainly mix serious and threatening stuff (Thanos) in with a movie when the overall tone is fun. I haven't seen the footage, just read the descriptions. But it sounds about right in tone to me. I thought the bit with using Hooked on a Feeling sounded great. It reminded me of the way Gunn used Every Woman in the World in Slither. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is being directed by two directors most known for television comedies, and everything on that is looking really good.

9. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  10. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    The preview teaser they put together for the Comic Con audience after just 2-3 weeks of filming has leaked online, at least a part of it has.This is only a part of the teaser, but those curious about what this movie might be like may get a sense of it by checking this out:http://whatculture.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-comic-con-footage-leaked.phpEDIT: Looks like the footage has been removed. Here are some stills from the footage: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  12. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  13. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
  14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    image.jpg From Empire Magazine:

15. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    More from Kevin Feige from Empire:
    Interesting. In the comics, Drax's sole purpose for existing is to kill Thanos. It's why he was created. Feige here is saying his one goal is to kill Ronan. I'm wondering if through the course of the story Drax will learn that it was really Thanos and not Ronan that is responsible for his past tragedy. Peter Quill leaving Earth in the 80's makes sense with him having the old Sony Walkman with his "Awesome Mix: Volume one" tape that plays "Hooked on a Feeling" and I'm sure some other gems. But for a guy who looks to be in his mid-late 20's it doesn't seem like he would have been born yet. I wonder if he'll just be "well preserved" due to advanced alien tech, or if they'll say there was some sort of time-dilation effect with all the space travel?

16. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    First look at Michael Rooker on set as Yondu image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I wonder if they'll add the red Mohawk in post?

17. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Nice interview with Chris Pratthttp://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/chris-pratt-talks-guardians-of-the-galaxys-tone-and-potential-marvel-crossovers
    :)

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ The highlight of the interview is this exchange between Pratt and his co-star:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that this movie has a more comedic tone than most Marvel movies. I'm not sure what this says about me but I'll check out anything where a human dude is banging an alien chick. :)

19. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

"I don’t know what to say about it other than it might be…Oh! It’s the greatest movie of the 21st century! That’s what I’ll say. It’ll be the Citizen Kane of movies other than Citizen Kane."

I love Chris Pratt.

20. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean