What's new

Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE: November 4, 2016 (2 Viewers)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Holy crap! Those are some HUGE announcements! Thanks for the link Sam.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't know anything about this character, but I've enjoyed everything in the MCU, so I will be checking this out.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sam Favate said:
Marvel confirmed this today as coming out Nov. 4, 2016. They did not confirm Cumberbatch, however.
He's still officially being "approached" for "negotiations". As to whether he actually turns it down, though...has Benny ever turned down anything yet?? :rolleyes:
Sam Favate said:

The Panther movie, like the Inhumans and Ant-Man movies, is more a case of plain muleheaded stubbornness dating back to before the MCU:
It originally began as Wesley Snipes being full of himself enough in the 90's to want to play "the only black superhero"(sic) as a role model, and settled for Blade instead.
After the Avengers, it became more a case of "Well, ya gotta do the Panther joining the team...", although apart from explaining Vibranium, nobody could really remember why.

As for Avengers' inevitable Two-Part Finale...okay, who didn't want to admit they saw that one coming? It's become peer-pressure now, after Harry Potter, and Hunger Games feels jealous if Twilight gets one.
Still, the I-word does give us a distinct hint who's in it, even if it does sound like a finale. :cool: (I sort of hate to admit, I'm sort of feeling sorry for Robert Downey Jr., and just hoping they wrap it up so the old guy can take a break.)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Marvel Studios president then talked about his passion project, Doctor Strange, which will introduce magic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "It takes a while to work on these movies before they're ready to come to you in theaters," said Kevin Feige. "Doctor Stephen Strange, brilliant neurosurgeon, bit of an arrogant fellow who gets in a car accident and ruins what he thinks are the tools of his trade: his hands." He continued, "In the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the supernatural, that involves everything from quantum mechanics to string theory. The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe. We want to enter, through Strange, the world of parallel dimensions."

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I should be more excited about this but frankly so far the idea of Cumberbatch being cast to play a role has been far more exciting than him actually playing the role - outside of Sherlock.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I think he's a fine actor and will bring something weighty to the character of Dr. Strange. I like the director as well. I hope it is a dark thriller with occult overtones. Definitely should be a different type of Marvel film.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Speaking of the director, I just finished watching his latest - Deliver Us From Evil. If Scott Derrickson brings half of the chills of that film, we're in for a dark, scary ride.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I think Dr. Strange has the best chance to be a breakout hit compared to the other Phase 3 movies. The others suffer from "Pick a common super power from column A and B, pick a common weakness from column C and pick your common super villain from column D" so even if well made it is the same thing all over again. Dr. Strange can bring something new and if it is well made, might strike a chord with audiences. It is the one I have my highest hopes for but I am down a bit on Cumberbatch playing the role. I want the character to stand out, not the actor and Cumberbatch seems to have a bit of cult of personality going more than being a great actor so I worry the Dr Strange character will be modified for him and his style the fans like to see him do.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Somebody tell me about Doctor Strange. Is he a good guy? Who does he partnered up with? What are his powers or abilities? Is this film really necessary?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Here is a pretty decent summary of what the character is about.

Just as Guardians of the Galaxy opened up a new corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (space adventures), Doctor Strange is set to open up the mystical/magical elements of the MCU. So, sure, I'd say it is necessary for the MCU to continue to deliver new things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks