What's new

Marvel's Ant-Man: July 17, 2015 (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hate that I can't edit something I just posted when there is a stupid error like "there" instead of "their."

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Paul Rudd has been cast as the lead!http://www.thewrap.com/paul-rudd-early-talks-play-ant-man-edgar-wrights-marvel-movie-exclusive/
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The word about the initial script concept was that it would involve both a younger Hank Pym in the 60's and then an older Pym in present day along with Scott Lang. But that was Wright's original concept and who knows how much it has changed over the years (Edgar Wright has been wanting to make Ant-Man for quite a few years now). From Kevin Fiege:
“When Edgar Wright came to us with the idea of Paul Rudd, we felt a huge sense of relief because the first step in creating any Marvel Studios film is finding the right star," said Marvel's Kevin Feige. "We knew early on that we had found the right person in Paul. When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we’d ever met with about doing the work, we knew we’d found the right guy. We couldn’t be more excited for our audiences to see what he’s going to do to bring Ant-Man to life.”
image.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man, Paul Rudd playing Scott Lang
Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man
The Oscar-winning actor joins the cast of Marvel's Ant-Man, in theaters July 31, 2015!
Michael Douglas has stepped into some of the biggest--or should that be tiniest?--shoes of his career.The two-time Academy Award-winning actor will join director Edgar Wright and Paul Rudd in Marvel's "Ant-Man," hitting theaters July 31, 2015."With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."The legendary actor, who earned an Academy Award in the category of Best Actor in a Leading Role for his iconic portrayal of Gordon Gecko in "Wall Street," has also starred in numerous modern classics including "Basic Instinct," "Fatal Attraction," "The Game," "Wonder Boys," "Traffic" and many more. In addition to acting, Douglas has also served as Producer and Executive Producer on a number of films including "Romancing the Stone," John Carpenter's "Starman" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," for which he also won an Academy Award for Best Picture. Most recently, Douglas earned a Golden Globe and his first Primetime Emmy Award for his role as legendary entertainer Liberace in the HBO original film "Behind the Candelabra."Douglas will star as Hank Pym, who first appeared in TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (Jan. 1962), with Rudd starring as Scott Lang in the film.
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/1/13/21746/michael_douglas_to_star_as_hank_pym_in_marvels_ant-man#ixzz2qK6h9ros

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I just hope they don't decide to make Pym the villain of the piece, now that they have a big name actor portraying him. I think Douglas is great in just about anything, but I don't think Pym should be the bad guy.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Can a mod please edit the title of the thread?The release date was moved up to July 31 from November 6th.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sam Favate said:
I just hope they don't decide to make Pym the villain of the piece, now that they have a big name actor portraying him. I think Douglas is great in just about anything, but I don't think Pym should be the bad guy.
Sounds like he isn't--
Lang in the comics was the "replacement" Ant-Man who stole Pym's equipment, and when Pym caught up with him, the mantle was handed over.
Pacifist Pym was always whining about how he didn't like the biff-pow aspect of superheroing, and always seemed to be quitting or retiring for his health every other year. Pym later returned as the somewhat different Yellowjacket, but sounds like the movie's following Scott Lang suddenly finding himself with new secondhand superhero equipment.

(It's possible to work Janet Van Dyne into that storyline, I'm just hoping they go with it. :) )

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Marvel Studios has moved up the release date for Ant-Man by two weeks to July 17, 2015.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ The title of this thread should be changed.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of success Marvel has with this project, since it's one of their lesser known characters. A good showing could bring about more obscure characters; a poor showing might mean an Iron Man reboot.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
WB's "Pan" is also opening on July 17th. It seems that Marvel Studios didn't appreciate WB moving Superman/Batman to the May 6, 2016 date that they had already claimed for an unannounced Marvel movie. So instead of leaving WB smoothly move Pan into the July 17th spot vacated by Supes/Bats they are putting Ant-Man in there. Pan has already snagged Hugh Jackman to play Blackbeard. Even though they haven't started filming yet, Marvel Studios must have some confidence in the project to move it up to WB's prime July release spot and slug it out with another "fantasy" film. Studio bravado can be entertaining in and of itself.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Edgar Wright has left the project over "creative differences"http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/edgar-wright-leaving-ant-man-marvel-movie-disney/That definitely throws a big red flag up for this movie. I thought the main reason Marvel was doing an Ant-Man movie was because Edgar Wright wanted to do an Ant-Man movie. Filming is supposed to start relatively soon. With him leaving and them having to basically bring in a hired gun that doesn't bode well. Guess we'll have to see who they bring in.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I was shocked to read this. I can't see this as anything other than a big loss for this film. I wasn't a fan of Scott Pilgrim, but I really enjoyed the cornetto trilogy. This was something he had been working on for so long who do you get to replace him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks