What's new

Marty (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ThadK

Second Unit
Yes, do not paint all entertainment writers as click-baiters willing to run any crazy rumor simply to get up a day's worth of content. Some of us are pretty determined to get the facts straight and expose the media's charlatans.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I've found so many factual errors in Mr. Lumenick's columns that I wonder where his knowledge or research stem from. Also wonder about his editors. Perhaps he should just talk about upcoming releases without editorializing.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I think he was around during the booming New York repertory scene in the 1970's and probably believes every non-anamorphic film from 1953-1973 should be full-frame.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Bob Furmanek said:
I think he was around during the booming New York repertory scene in the 1970's and probably believes every non-anamorphic film from 1953-1973 should be full-frame.
Well. I lived in NYC from 1971 to 1988, and I know better. And what I didn't know then, I've learned here thanks to your research (and other HTF members).

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
FoxyMulder said:
Lots of politicians around election time have them on their heads, but we are forbidden to discuss politics so i'll leave it at that. :D
Sorry, I'm a little late on this one... But better late...

Halo.jpg

This show always had haloes. But they came and went.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
ThadK said:
Others just want a check.
I guess I'd gained the impression from occasional readings of his column that Lou Lumenick had a passion for the subject -- and, consequently, a lot on the ball. Sorry to be proven wrong.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Lou does have a lot on the ball...but some blind spots. He's a very good writer, one of the few still plowing this ground in a newspaper, and I enjoy his columns.

ThadK

Second Unit
Charles Smith said:
I guess I'd gained the impression from occasional readings of his column that Lou Lumenick had a passion for the subject -- and, consequently, a lot on the ball. Sorry to be proven wrong.
My remark wasn't directed at that Mr. L.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Charles Smith said:
Charles, I thought the same and he more than likely is, but has made a few glaring observations or non observations in the past. I have to carefully read his column.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks