What's new

Martin Scorcese's: The Blues specs? (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
The Blues on PBS

Being this series is going to run on PBS this week , and the DVD Set (7 discs) comes out next week, I'm wondering if anyone has more info?

The specs are hard to come by. The series will be broadcast in widescreen (unfortunately no HD although originally planned), and I have no idea what format the sound will be.

This is a must have for me, since I'm such a big Blues fan. I am tempted to save it off PBS-HD, but my local PBS station multicasts so the quality is iffy.

If the DVD can offer me something more I'd surely spring for it.

Other than PBS's store, this is the only info I've been able to find:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B0000CBHOI

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
for the uniniated here, I have no idea what this is and care to explain what this is all about.

Thnaks

Oscar

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Probably best to watch it on TV first and then if it's good/great - which is highly likely - then get the DVD set at as low a price as possible, those PBS boxed sets can be pretty costly.

Sure to be a helluva series, though.

I'm really looking forward to Scorsese's documentary on Bob Dylan's career up until 1968, featuring new interview with the Big D himself. That's gonna be a real piece oh work.

Gordy

Eric F

Screenwriter
Are any of the other PBS DVDs Widescreen if the original broadcast was?

There's nothing from stoping me from making my own DVD as I can save the ATSC stream. I'm just wondering if they'll offer me something more. (Or do a better job). The quality of PBS' 480p broadcasts vary widely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks