What's new

Married With Children season 5 - 6/20/06 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
TSoD story (including a look at the early cover art)
No extras. No word on whether the episodes will be uncut.

I was just looking through the episodes on epguides.com and it doesn't look like there are many classic episodes from this season, though this is the season where Marcy marries Jefferson. On the plus side, guest stars this season include Pam Anderson, Tia Carrere, and Rhonda Shear. :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I won't be buying until there's positive confirmation that the episodes are uncut. Last time I managed to cancel my preorder just in time.

And I'm not buying Sony's excuse about why the episodes had to be cut either since the German R2 release of season 4 was uncut (despite having the theme song replaced as well).

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Oh, I hope these are complete but I'm doubting it. But they also now have the chance to correct the mistakes from the last season and release these uncut. At this point I do not expect the original theme song and don't really care. I understand why it was dropped and that's not an issue for me. I'm concerned about the eps themselves. But I'm looking forward to the continuing adventures of Mrs. Marcy Darcy.

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
Why would they need to use syndicated prints as a replacement because of the theme song? Can't they just add the music?

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I lost interest in this series after seeing the disgusting season 4 premiere. That's nice for the fans though.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Regarding the uncut status, the review says:
This episode was also on one of the previously released best-of sets. Can somebody who owns these please look into it? According to the review, the episode runs 22:04. How long is it on the best-of release? And if it is longer, does is have a "previously on mwc" segment?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Great to hear that the set is uncut! Of course, the opening theme is no surprise what-so-ever, nor is it a concern of mine. I still wish they'd go back and fix the syndie cuts on season 4, most notably "It's A Bundyful Life". Nonetheless, it's great that this set will be intact. CMT Canada is airing the season 5 episodes right now, and these are some of the best. Most notably the alien episode and the one where Al attempts to grow a garden. Great stuff. I definitely can't wait to get this.

tom_tagliente

Stunt Coordinator
These two seasons had plenty of classics.

The Air Conditioner breaks down and the Bundy's move into the frozen food aisle at the supermarket only to battle Marcy & Jefferson for control of the supermarket shopping spree grand prize. Al proclaims, "VIVA LA CARTE OF DEATH!" after pimping a shopping card to battle Marcy & Jefferson. JERRY MATHERS guest stars.

Aliens steal Al's socks for fuel and he unwittingly saves the universe.

A rabbit makes Al's relaxing hobby go from 0 to 1000x the stress when it keeps eating his carrots. He sets off a bomb blast that levels the house and ends up missing the rabbit altogether. The last scene was funny when the rabbit jumps up on the couch and rests.

Kelly interns as a weather girl and Al spends everything he has on a new car only to watch his dreams go down the drain yet again when she gets canned.

I wish I could remember all of them, but these four really stood out as being my favorites.

What season had Al on a lucky streak playing poker with ex con friends of Jefferson, and Al having to sleep next to Marcy while Jefferson retrieved her prize Barbi doll from an auction? These two were great episodes, too.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Somone just told us that the You Better Shop Around Part 2 is 22:59 originally. So only the recap of part one is missing on that one. Everything else is good to go!

David:S

Auditioning

For the most part, yes, although I have heard that there is a minor edit (like one line, nobody knows why it is missing and the episode doesn't appear to be a syndication print either) in one of the season 2 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks