What's new

Married or committed men, how do you keep your mind from wandering? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Everyone has given the same best advice I could possibly give.
Simply put, if you love your wife, don't cheat on her. If you find yourself thinking about cheating on her, remind yourself of how much you love your wife. Perhaps take that time to reflect on how you'ld feel if the shoe were on the other foot...if you found that she was cheating on you.
I often admire the forms of other women. It doesn't matter. When the swishing hips have turned the corner and she's gone, it was just a fleeting admiring of something nice looking. All in all, I'd rather have my wife.
She's great looking, but there's something much more than that between us. It's why we got married in the first place.
If you can't figure out what I'm talking about, then you simply don't get it.
Now, don't take marriage - or life - too seriously. Lighten up. Enjoy life...and enjoy marriage. Get along with each other, and don't give her any reason to NOT get along with you. Communicate with her, and figure out how she feels about your relationship with the girl, and giving the girl (and her child) gifts, etc.
I have fond feelings for many girls. If I thought I was doing something that would upset my wife, I'd stop it immediately. Nothing else is worth it - to me - to jeopardize that.
Someone suggested that we were making marriage out to sound like a kind of "prison". I'll just say this: if you feel "trapped", it's time to escape.
: To place officially in confinement or custody, as in a mental health facility
My response is the old joke: "Marriage is an institution based on commitment and love. But who among us would love to be committed to an institution?"
Enjoy your spouse. Allow them to enjoy you.
That's why you're together in the first place...isn't it?
Good luck,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks