Marlene Dietrich DVDs On Region 1??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Krister_, May 11, 2008.

1. Krister_

Krister_ Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any info about if we will ever get a Collection with Marlene Dietrich movies on DVD?? I hope so much that we will get as much releases on DVD as the wonderful Bette Davis gets. I hope so much that someone knows anything about this

2. Krister_

Krister_ Stunt Coordinator

Thanks so much Richard for your info. You are the best [​IMG]

3. Irina

Irina Second Unit

Keep in mind that the ones referred in Xploited Cinema are region 2 French editions. This would justify getting a region-free DVD player.

For an ultimate Marlene Dietrich surprise, get this UK Dietrich collection. It contains Shanghai Express - the only official DVD edition of this masterpiece to date (not counting semi-bootleg and inferior Russian Film Prestige edition):

Amazon.co.uk: Marlene Dietrich: Marlene Dietrich: DVD

4. Corey

Corey Screenwriter

I hope Universal releases another Glamour collection for her as well as Claudette Colbert, Veronica Lake, Dorothy Lamour, and Paulette Goddard.

5. Driver

Driver Auditioning

Does anyone have an update on this?

Believe it or not we now have an eighteen disc set in the UK, but I'd prefer to get it on NTSC so that the films play at the correct speed...

I don't understand why it hasn't been released in the US - could there be distribution rights issues with some of the films(?) e.g. Shanghai Express which has never had a US DVD release.

Marlene Dietrich: Movie Collection DVD | Movie Mail UK | DVDs and Blu-ray films direct