Mark Grace finally gets to play in a World Series.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gilbert Galindo, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

I am glad for the guy. He deserves it.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

3. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

GO D-BACKS!!

4. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Yeah! It's also means it's a slap in the face to the Chicago Tribune (Cubs owners) because Grace always said he wanted to win.

5. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Grace made a couple great pics out of the dirt on throws from the far side of the infield in the early innings.
    great to see the man heading to the series

6. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    Yeah, it's pretty typical - first year out of the Cubs and he's in the world series. But, hey, I'm happy for him. I just wish it could've been with the Cubs. Now hopefully Gra ce will go beat up the Yankees.
    ------------------

7. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

How serious is Mark Grace's injury? Will he play? (I hope so, for his sake.) He is a class act and I am looking forward to a competitive world series.
    As a Yankee fan I congratulate all the true Diamondback fans who are about to experience a World Series in the 4th year of their existence. A true accomplishment! I've followed the team since I always spend a month in Tucson during the Winter and catch several Cactus League Games at Electric Park.
    Of course, the number of D'back fans will suddenly increase as the Yankee Haters don their temporary t-shirts and swear alliegance to your team. But don't let these fair weather fans take away from your moment in the baseball sun.
    I'm looking forward to an interesting series. On paper the D'backs have some impressive pitching (at least the starters) so, since pitching usually prevails, we could be in for some exciting games. While my heart and prediction is with the Yankees to Four-peat, I know that one play can turn a game and anything can happen.
    I'm usually adverse to making predictions but I will state one thing (which should be quite obvious): If Arizona can win the first game then we should have an exciting series. If they can't then I don't think the series will return to Phoenix for games 6 and or 7.
    Let the games begin!
    ------------------
    RAF
    [Demented Video Dude since 1997]
    [Computer Maven since 1956]
    ["PITA" since 1942]
    My HT (latest update 02/05/01)