What's new

Mario Kart : Double Dash Discussion (1 Viewer)

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I thought it was pretty easy. When I was still learning the ropes I had a friend handling the gunnery/weight shifting duties, and by the time I started playing on my own I had no difficulty playing through all cup tour in mirror mode.

I dunno if you want any strategy advice, but I find the combo of dk/wario excellent. I like heavy carts and the bombs and giant banana peels keep everyone away from you once you're ahead, which should be shortly after the beginning.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
So why dont we start throwing down the gauntlet on comparing Time Trial times:)?

I did fairly well on most levels, but I am VERY proud of my Baby Park time. My overall time is 1:15:??? while my lap record on it is 00:09:656.

I am curious about others times on that course and karts used. I used the Bowser Kart with Baby Bowser and King Boo.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
This game brings out the best, and the worst, in any group who plays it.
Amen to that! We unwrapped our Cube on the 24th and I just took it over to my friend's house who threw the annual New Year's Eve + New Year's Day Bowl Games party. Four grown men (at a time) sitting around a Cube playing Kart and trashtalking for hours on end. The wives/girlfriends consistently rolled their eyes at us (except mine, who played and got violent when my friend would constantly try to Bob-omb her in Battle Mode). I swear we must have logged 12 hours over the two days on it.

One the first two cups I've won gold on 50, 100 & 150cc. On Star I've only won gold on 50 & 100, and on the now-unlocked Special Cup I've only won gold on the 50. Those last two are a bitch at the faster levels!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Smash Bros is like that for me and my roomie. He never swears at all, but when we start going at it, he lets loose like an old pro. It's absolutely hilarious. His girlfriend was rather shocked to hear it as well, because he never swears in front of her at all. Once it hits four players of course, the mayhem goes even crazier.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Rented this for my kids during Christmas, for their new Game Cube..
They loved it!!!
We only had two controllers but I decided that we'll buy this game and two additional controllers...
Great game for the family....
There is just something about racing in baby carriage that's fun for me...
Even the Two year old enjoyed watching...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone notice how easy 150cc is with two lightweights?
Unfortunately not for me! The lighter carts don't handle as well, and my driving skills aren't the best so I rely on being able to recover from hits faster (the light karts go flying or stop dead after certain collisions) and the weapons for the light characters aren't the ones I'm good at using.

I will try it more often w/ light characters though. Maybe I'll get better and be able to beat it with that combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks