What's new

Marcus Welby, MD...... (1 Viewer)

Luc Roussel

Agent
I know, an other old medical series but i remember this show so well and I used to love it so much...Guess , one of the reason I am a nurse today!!!

Any news, rumors about this series out on DVD pretty soon?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Universal is slow off the blocks with releases and the sale to NBC has just slowed things further.

Sarah V.

Auditioning
i also enjoyed watching this show very much.
and am anxiously awaiting news that it will be out on dvd, i hope in the very near future.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sarah, you asked if I could "help" you in getting this series to DVD. No, I cannot, but you can write to whomever owns the distribution rights to this show to express your desire to see it released to DVD. Given that Welby dominated the Neilsens for about three years straight (albeit, in a pre-cable universe) and given the amazing popularity of television shows on DVD, the current owners of the show might be open to making more money off the property.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Is there any chance of this show ever making it to DVD? It's hard to believe that even one season hasn't been announced by now.:frowning:

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Same here! People aren't getting any younger. The longer they take to get this out the more people will have forgotten about it.

Jeff

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
This was one of the series that Universal was offering around to all of the independents. I guess no one went for it.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Poor Robert Young: Two successful, classic series, and they won't release them on DVD.

I guess there's no point in asking for "Window on Main Street." :laugh:

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
With Father Knows Best finally out on DVD and Partridge Family returning from the dead will we ever see Marcus Welby make it to DVD? I figured it was time to bump this one up since it's been a while and this show could use a similar miracle.;)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Marcus Welby is now on RTN around here. Maybe this exposure will help get a release.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Is it possible that since RTN is showing it, their contract might prohibit an additional license? I have no idea--just speculating.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

don't think that's the case. When they were running all the Paramount stuff for a year CBS-DVD was putting most of the shows out on DVD. I don't think RTN can make too many demands. But because they no longer have the Paramount library to offer their stations, Welby seems to be in more markets

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Actually, my old post is out-of-date now ... FKB's second season is due out this fall.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Anybody think that this show might actually see the light of day this year?
Now that "Father Knows Best" seems to be coming along nicely it sure would be nice to see this show make it to DVD.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Well looks like this show will finally be making its DVD debut in May according to Shout! Factory's newsletter.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Finally, we get one of the Big 4 doctor series. Universal has been hawking Welby around to all of the independents for a few years now with no takers. I guess they must have dropped their asking price. It will be interesting to see how this show does. While not as good as Ben Casey or Dr. Kildare, it is a bit better than Medical Center. All 4 had good runs with well over 150 episodes so it will be interesting to see how this sells. And nice to get the pilot movie, which is actually much rarer than the series itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks