What's new

"Marcus Welby" #2 coming! (1 Viewer)

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Wow! I had a deep down feeling that we'd only see the 1st season and that would be it. I'm pleasantly shocked that the 2nd season is on its way.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by redbird

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I suspect that when a company sublicenses a show out, they don't get to do it piecemeal. They pretty much have to pay up front for the whole run, not just a season at a time. The only way they won't follow through and put the whole thing out is if they feel they will lose more money by producing the DVDs than they'll lose by just eating the rights fees they paid.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Great news about the second season of Marcus Welby, MD being released on Region 1 from Shout! Factory. I hope, but won't be disappointed if it isn't on some or all of the episodes, that the full version of the title sequence is on some or all of the episodes in the second season set.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Great news about the second season of Marcus Welby, MD being released on Region 1 from Shout! Factory. I hope, but won't be disappointed if it isn't on some or all of the episodes, that the full version of the title sequence is on some or all of the episodes in the second season set.

I too would like for that full title sequence to be there. I've seen a video clip of it from tv-intros.com but I'd love for it to be included on this upcoming DVD release.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'm definitely picking up a copy of Season 2. It has one of my favorite episodes on it "Sounding Brass". Can't wait for this!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have pre-order the 2nd season. I really like Robert Young as a classic actor. It is really great seen a young james brolin.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have watched a few episodes of S1-Marcus Welby and enjoy the show. I have order S2, which comes out in October 2010.

I like Robert Young as an actor. He is another actor that has long since passed on. However, dvds help us remember how incredible an actor he was!!!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I still need to pick up Season 2 of the show. Seems my local Barnes & Noble stocks the show but Best Buy it is a no go as usual. Amazon.com has a decent price of about 33.99ish.

This is a show I will support even if it heads to SHOUT FACTORY direct. Something tells me that this is a show I have doubts about being able to release all the seasons. I could be wrong.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
For those who want a decent price for Season 2 of Marcus Welby currently amazon.com has it listed at about 24.49! Not sure how long it has been at that price or when that price will increase etc.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying watching these old episodes, even though most of them are dated. Brolin cracks me up. In his youth he thought shouting constituted being bold.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like james brolin along with robert young. These two actors fit well with each other. The premise of the show is very good, especially how the doctor handles dealing with his patient. This is something that is lost on today's world of medical care, because it has become such a business, especially around sowing you up and releasing you.

I like to see Trapper John released down the road, because i think it is another good show, plus it would be a tribute to Pernell Roberts. I remember Pernell Roberts as the last of the cartwright boys to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks