What's new

March Madness 2007 NCAAB Tourney (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
UF demolished UCLA, I was surprised by how large their margin got in the 2nd half because pissing away 8-10 points with a lack of focus in the final 3-4 minutes.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Florida put on a clinic...Wow. Should be a good one Monday but hard to bet against Florida. When's the last a team repeated as champions?

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter

Duke, 1991-1992.

Why do I think the strategy for Florida is to foul out Greg Oden, which could lead to a massacre out there just like the BCS Championship Game a few months between the same two schools? :rolleyes

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ohio State has shown throughout the tournament that they can survive without Oden. If it's a massacre, it's because Florida is plain better than Ohio State, not because Oden got into foul trouble.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My bracket is officially "dead". I had Georgetown and UCLA in the final four. Good luck to you that have teams in the final.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
My bracket is dead as well. I had UNC and Florida.

Ohio State has proven to be able to play without Oden. Having said that, it's hard to go against Florida.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to Jim B. for picking very well. Both he and I both have the same 2 final teams, and we both picked UF, so I won't be able to gain any ground in the final game result.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
One of the tidbits mentioned during the game was that Billy Donovan was one of six active coaches who have made 3 championship appearances. Counting Donovan, my brother and I could only come up with five names

Jim Boheim
Roy Williams
Mike Krzyzewski
Billy Donovan
Bob Knight

Edit: We figured it out. It was Steve Fisher.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm proud to be a Buckeye.

But the Gators...damn. They just took care of business tonight. Congrats.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice rope-a-dope tactic Donovan employed on Oden, letting him play so many minutes so that Oden was tuckered out in the final 4-5 minutes to be a factor in the game in crunch time.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Florida was just too much and seemed to have an answer for everything. OSU had an off night from the perimeter....

Hats off to Florida. Back to back National Titles in Basketball and winning in football too. Quite an accomplishment.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Thanks, Pat. Much appreciated. I went 3 for 3 in my brackets this year, and spent no money. Go figure.

Of course, the only other time I picked the actual winner was two years ago, where even UNC's victory couldn't help me finish better than second in any of the brackets I filled out.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I really want Florida to return to the NC in football this year so USC can demolish them. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to Jim Barg for winning the HTF Bracket. I really went down in flames. After the Regional Finals I was in 3rd place, but ended up in 7th since I was completely shutout in the Fianl game. It makes me glad I didn't put any money in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks