March Madness 2007 NCAAB Tourney (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam_S, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I got the annual email from my brother about the family tournement for March Madness (2$ /bracket) and figured I'd browse HTF opinins (and tomorrow's paper) before making my random, uneducated guesses on the bracket.

Funny story, the first time I filled one of these out was in eighth grade and no one bothered telling me that the 1-16 numbers were rankings, I remember thinking they were number of wins or something.

[​IMG]

Right now I'm thinking it'll be a UCLA / Georgetown Showdown, with Oregon, UCLA, Ohio St and Georgetown in the final four. [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If anyone's up for March Madness picks and seeing how you do against other HTFers, check out the Yahoo Tournament Pick'em 2007, and click on "Join a Group" and then it'll prompt you to log into or create a Yahoo account. Once you do that, then use:

Group ID # 93485
    Password = oar

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I joined your bracket, Patrick. My disclaimer, though, is that I have paid almost no attention to college b-ball this year.

So, who's filling out an NIT -- aka "The Tommy Amaker Invitational" -- bracket? [​IMG]

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Last time G'Town was in the Final Four they had a certain coach and a certain big man. That ain't happening this year.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I also joined up and like Merryfield have paid little attention to college hoops this year.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, that makes 3 of us. I was following college basketball early in the year, but then my team stunk up the joint, and then went on a new run to finish the year, so I have been caught flat-footed when it comes to the teams that are playing well now, and which started well, but limped to the finish line before the tournament.

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Thanks for starting a group. I will definitely join in. Last year I just entered the yahoo brackets by myself. It will be nice to be part of a group. I never win at these things, but since I am fairly sure the Univ of Illinois won't be in very long, it will be a nice diversion.

I am officially signed up. I decided to really go "out on a limb" and pick some real underdogs. It is more fun that way.

8. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I'm in, but like has already been said, I have followed little college bball this year, except I know Kevin Durant is the man.

9. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

You mean you can't break down that Winthrop - Notre Dame matchup like the rest of us diehards ? Jeez...get a life. [/sarcasm]

haha.

C'mon, nobody has the secrets to victory. That is what makes these games so much fun. I am in.

Last year I hit it huge in the opening round...picked a number of upsets (almost completely lucky, did a little research) then completely tanked in round 2.

Hello Scott.

10. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I'll play! I know everything forward and backwards about the UH Rainbows, but I don't follow anybody else. This was a very tough year for my Rainbows, especially because Coach Riley Wallace has retired against his desires. (Long story.)

11. Casey Trowbridg

Alex should get a bonus point for creating a name for his picks that made me laugh.

12. Jim Barg

Jim Barg Second Unit

Thanks, Patrick. My dual-job lifestyle has ensured that I've watched very, very little hoops this year, as well. So it could get ugly.

13. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

I'm in.

14. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I am going to make one final "pass" at my bracket and just sit back and see how badly I do at predicting the winners. The unexpected wins is what makes this a great tournament.

15. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Can we join this group if we're already in a Yahoo group? [​IMG]

16. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

You have to unjoin the group you are in and then you can get in...I think,.

17. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Oh, well, I'll stay where I am at then. [​IMG]...but I will predict here that

Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, & Texas A&M make the Final Four.

A&M over Kansas in the final. [​IMG] (some of that is rather biased [​IMG])

18. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I'm in two yahoo groups, one at work and one for HTF, same account and everything, so yeah you can be in multiple groups.

19. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Yes, but I believe each group you are in requires a separate bracket to be completed. Of course, you could make all the same picks in up to 5 different brackets. I may be confusing the ESPN rules and Yahoo's rules.

20. Casey Trowbridg

You can assign the same bracket to multiple groups in yahoo.