March Madness 2003

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dome Vongvises, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

This day sucks. Cats lose and on top of it all, I got rejected by medical school. I give up.

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Well, tomorrow will go a long way toward winning the pool for me. Lost a Final Four team with Kentucky going down, but it probably helps me more since most had them going far. Got Kansas in, now just need to get Texas and Oklahoma there. Definitely need the Longhorns to win since I have them taking the whole thing.

3. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

I would love to see 3 Big 12 schools in. I am however going for the in-state team even though they killed us twice

4. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Rock Chalk Jayhawk. Revenge for 97 feels so good. Win or lose in the Final Four it felt great exorcising the demons of Duke and Arizona back to back.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Well, shit.

/Mike

6. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

My bracket is so messed up, I don't even care anymore. I'm just watching to enjoy the games. [​IMG]

7. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

If Syracuse wins today that will be the fourth straight year I have picked at least two of the four final four teams. I have Kansas winning it all this year, so I might still have a chance, but I doubt it.

In 1999 I picked #5 seed Ohio State to make it to the final four along with UConn, Duke and some other team that failed. I had UConn beating Duke in the final so needless to say I won a lot of pool money that year.

8. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

My bracket was decimated yesterday, since I had both Arizona and Kentucky in the Final Four (with Arizona winning it all). All I can do is watch the games for fun, now.

Did anyone notice that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was a third commentator in San Antonio? He's absolutely horrible, mumbling incoherent thoughts and adding absolutely nothing to the analysis on the few occasions that he even speaks up. I have not heard anyone that bad in quite some time.

9. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Scott,
    To top it off he wants to be a coach. Oh god save us.

I would only hope that 3 big 12 schools would be in the final four.

Ku Lost to OU this year.
    Ou lost to Texas this year twice.
    I think Texas lost to KU(correct me if i'm wrong).

It's like the big 12 tourney all over again [​IMG]

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Kansas probably has the best shot to win it all after the Saturday Night Massacre.

I was really surprised at how out-hustled Kentucky was in that game last night. They picked a bad time to have an off-night, even with Bogan's injury status.

11. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

As a KU fan I think we are going to have some serious problems with Marquette but I still like our chances. I have Kansas beating Syracuse in the final so I am climbing the ladder in my pool.
    Evan, I have family in East Berlin and I also picked UConn to beat Duke in 99 and I ended up finishing in the 99.7 percentile on ESPN.COM. I printed out my finished bracket and still have it in my files. Its the closest to perfection I will ever come in bracketology.

12. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Texas is my only correctly picked team in the Final four.

I'll be cheering for Kansas and Texas.

I absolutely can not stand that skinny little runt on the Marquette team, starts with a D I think. I hope they go down hard.

13. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

His name is Dwayne Wade. That guy had one hell of a performance.

I'm rooting for Kansas to win it all. Looks like I can't make fun of Roy Williams anymore. [​IMG]

14. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Dome, I think he's talking about Travis Deiner.

15. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Imagine my surprise to find out this morning that I am still in the running to win our bracket pool! It seems that most people had either Kentucky or Arizona winning it all. with the few longshots being teams like Wake Forest and Pitt. No one had Kansas, which surprised me.

I had Arizona, Kentucky, Texas and Syracuse in the Final Four, with Arizona beating Texas in the title game. If Texas beats Syracuse in the semis, I will finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd, based on the tie-breaker. So, I could get the champ wrong but still win. Talk about crazy!

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"And that's...why...they...PLAY...the games!"

17. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

My heart stopped as fast as that ball did. Calhoun has always been an advocate of the jump ball. Ironic that should happen to the Huskies when it matters most.

Tom Rags, I have my UCONN football season tickets, and when Cuse rolls into town in 2005, I'll direct you to our tailgate! [​IMG]

18. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are going to the Big Easy to watch KU in the Final Four for the second straight year!!!

We're so excited, neither one of us have ever been to New Orleans, and we're going to cheer on the Jayhawks.

Hopefully we can win two more games.

MT

19. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    Steve, what did Travis Deiner do to earn your wrath? It seems to me that all he does is play the game the right way. Granted I'm an MU fan, but, except for the stupid Danny Ainge comparison, made by the announcers, I couldn't see anything wrong with the way he plays. Maybe I'm missing something.

20. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I'm still pissed over my team not even getting the chance to go to the NCAA.

Damn you Harrick, and your son too.

At least our football team is good.