MARANTZ SR8002 & CERWIN VEGA XLS 15 - CONFIGURATION HELP

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by remasundar, Oct 3, 2010.

1. remasundar

remasundar Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I just bought Marantz SR8002 from Amazon. Also I just ordered 2 Cerwin Vega XLS-15 from Thunder Audio Video and awaiting for the delivery. I visited few times to best buy and listend music from tower speakers and I dont like it. I read reviews of Cerwin Vega's and seems like it fit in my taste and budget. These are primarily for music (CD) and not for surround system.

I used to have Technique amp and floor speakers & Sansui amp and floor speakers in India (20 years back). Now in living room I have Sony surround system for my Samsung 52", PS3, Dish & Blue ray player. I am happy with those settings and I dont want to change it.

I want to connect Marantz SR8002 and Cerwin Vega speakers in my game room with JVC 47" and JVC Blue-ray player.

Question 1: I read Cerwin Vega speakers has more output (200 Watts RMS- and these speakers will give good music only when it is loud - I want to watch it loud), but Marantz has 125 Watts per 7.1 channel. All I want to know is if I put Marantz in Stereo mode do I get more than 125 watts per channel from Marantz ? If any one tried this combination, please share your experience.

Question 2: Also If need to add pre-amp or a good CD player or anything else please let me know (I dont know anything about pre-amp). Also please let me now what are all the other things I need to buy to connect like wires etc..to get maximum good music from those.

Thanks in advance.

Sundar C.

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Ultimate A/V magazine tested the 8002 and found it put out 187 wpc in stereo mode @ .1 % thd (109 x 5). With CV speakers being very efficient I don't think you'll have any problem playing your music very loud. And that 200 wpc rating on those CV speakers is more of a guidline than anything else. Giving them good, clean power is more important than actual wattage numbers.

3. remasundar

remasundar Auditioning

Great. It is an happy answer for me.

Thanks again.

4. remasundar

remasundar Auditioning

Update as of 10-11-2010.

Hooked Marantz 8002 with cerwin-vega xls 15. In Stereo mode the combination of Marantz & Cerwin vega is AWSOME.

Whole Sunday played all my favorite songs and enjoyed very very much. When it is little loud it working very fine. I keep volume level 0 - and I cant increase any more cause I cant stand nearby (it can go upto +18).

Also watched Avathar in DTS stereo mode and it is - AMAZING.

Thanks guys.

Sundar C.

5. Brian T. Deveau

Brian T. Deveau Auditioning

Having difficulty accessing the menu for TV display to tweak set-up options. TV is HDMI 1, and I have programmed that in; but I cannot access it through remote or front manual manipulations. Any thoughts?

6. RAMESH PAREKH

RAMESH PAREKH Auditioning

DEAR SIR CAN U LET ME KNOW WHERE CAN I BUY CERWIN WEGA XLS 15 SPEAKERS IN INDIA, AS I HAVE NAD 2700 POWER AND PRE 1540 ,AND I AM LOOKING FOR CARWIN VEGA XLS 15 SPEAKERS TO MEET MY REQUIREMENT. PLS LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT IN INDIA. OR HOW ANDWHERE YOU BUY. MY EMAIL ADD ; mayur324@yahoo.com and my cell no. 0091 98211 37065 thanks awaitingto hear from you soon regards RAMESH PAEKH

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Hello Ramesh,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you comfortable with an openly visible e-mail address and your cell-phone number on the web?

My suggestion would be that you edit it out and only reveal it to someone who contacts you through a Personal Message or through your hidden e-mail address on the forum.

Cees

8. Domen Excision

Domen Excision Auditioning

Hi i am going to buy two cerwin vega xls 15 speakers but i dont know wich amp and reciver should i buy. Q1:Wich reciver should i buy? Q2:Wich amp should i buy to get max power out of them without burning them Q3I dont know how to wire it so i hope i can get some help with that Thank you in advance