What's new

Mannix season 4? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I hope CBS aren't starting to slip and drop the ball, their stuff looks top notch for the most part so it'd be a real pity not to listen to the fans that do want their shows. I've always said, it's not smart if studios expect the same sales numbers for classic show as for new blockbuster movies, best option then is to release what there actually is a fan/cult audience for and take what they can get.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I wouldn't worry about CBS - if you look at the latest group of announcements from CBS, they are mostly this seasons shows produced/co-produced by CBS, with a couple of
older titles (The Lucy Show and Beverly Hills 90210 classic).

I'm sure there'll be more classic titles next quarter.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

I hope CBS aren't starting to slip and drop the ball, their stuff looks top notch for the most part so it'd be a real pity not to listen to the fans that do want their shows. I've always said, it's not smart if studios expect the same sales numbers for classic show as for new blockbuster movies, best option then is to release what there actually is a fan/cult audience for and take what they can get.
Plus you have the great looking digitally remastered sets they've released for Dynasty, Hawaii Five-O, Mannix and the original Mission: Impossible.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Yes, and I'll even take shows not remastered as some releases of course have been, they don't even have to remaster or HD the stuff (though it's preferred) and I'd still buy shows that remain unreleased thus far. Like The Magician, for example.

Meatyjawz

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
New to the forum, enjoyed reading the posts on Mannix 4. I wrote Paramount yesterday about Mannix S4, no word yet. Does anyone know if Mannix season 4 is coming out?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
CBS has been stretching out their classic releases - which is actually a good thing - not to flood the market.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

If anyone is "dropping the ball" then its the collectors who aren't coming out of their pockets to buy enough units to make further releases viable. If a show loses money, especially on a first season set, then no one is going to be putting out a second season. Second seasons sell about half of what a first season does so do the math. The only exception is when its an outside company like a Shout Factory or Infinity and they are licensing the whole series. Then they have already paid for the series so it makes sense to put it out in its entirety so they can try to recoup as much of their costs as possible.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I know that, but I've always blamed the consumer too who skips a release just because it's split seasons for instance, in those cases we only have 'ourselves' to blame since it's not coming out any other way - so it's up to the fan if he/she wants it to continue.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Don't blame the struggling economy Blame Paramount. Other Studios are managing, look at Shout and Adam 12 and Dragnet.

Originally Posted by Jeff*H

The season 3 sales must have been pretty weak, because at one point late last year I recall hearing that season 4 was on the schedule for 2010. Sad to hear it's now off the schedule.
I think the slow-to-recover economy has stalled a number of CBS-P shows in the last part of 2009 and now 2010:
Mannix
Love Boat
Lucy Show (last one was released in July 09 if I recall; July 10 announcements are currently being made)
Bonanza?
Untouchables
Beverly Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction
Becker
Melrose Place

Not to mention the shows abandoned prior to these: Family Ties
Dave's World
Evening Shade
Streets of San Francisco
Gunsmoke
Rawhide
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Mork & Mindy
Diagnosis Murder
and a few others I'm sure I overlooked.

Basically, I think the only older series still chugging along from CBS-P are Beverly Hills 90210, Have Gun Will Travel, Hawaii Five-O, Perry Mason, Matt Houston (?), Barnaby Jones (?) and maybe The Fugitive and Matlock. I'd be willing to bet Cannon and My Three Sons are abandoned after 2 seasons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

Don't blame the struggling economy Blame Paramount. Other Studios are managing, look at Shout and Adam 12 and Dragnet.

Look at what Paramount does and look at what Shout does. Shout licenses those shows from Universal and in turn Universal hands them a set of episodes which have been remastered and put to tape. All Shout has to do is author the DVDs and they are ready to sell. Total cost for remastering, color correcting, etc. = 0. Paramount owns the shows they release. They are all then digitally remastered from 35mm elements and because they aren't going to transfer them twice, they are remastered into High Definition. Their total cost = a lot. Joe Schmo, the typical consumer and internet forum poster, doesn't know the first thing about this stuff, only why is this out and this isn't. Well, here you go. Here's one reason why. Don't throw Paramount into the same boat as Universal, who basically ignores their pre-1980 library, Fox, who ignores their pre-1990 library and Sony, who is out of the TV DVD business. Or Warner, whose internal costs make it nearly impossible for a non-blockbuster release to turn a profit.

jeffman21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffery
It's been reported on facebook that Mannix season 4 will be released on Jan 4th 2011.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i just place my order. This is good news for 2011. I am looking forward to this release. Mike Conners was very good in this show!!

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
The fourth season of Mannix is terriffic!! I am really enjoying watching this season! Can not wait for season 5 to be released. I understand all eight seasons have been remastered. Hope we hear about season 5 soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks