What's new

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

I e-mailed Kevin about it, and he told me some info. Basically, they've scanned all the original footage that was shot in 1995 into an AVID so that Kev can look at the footage anew and recut the film without studio restrictions. There were takes that Kevin wanted to use back in 1995 that the studio nixed because they were "too harsh", and I know of a few of those that have some really funny moments that will be replacing the studio-friendly takes that wound up in the final film.

As for the original opening, that I do not know for sure, Sean. My *GUESS* is that the new cut will be fairly close to the original in overall shape, with some new footage added, but the major differences will be the use of alternate takes of certain scenes and shots, in particular the ones that the studio nixed back in 1995.

Vincent

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Brody, T.S., and Jay compare scars (a la Jaws) received during various sexual encounters. It was supposed to occur in the foodcourt scene after Jay and Silent Bob escape from LaFours.

If this scene sounds kinda sorta familiar, that's because Kevin Smith used the scene in Chasing Amy instead between Banky, Holden, and Alyssa.

I believe it was omitted from Mallrats after producer Jim Jacks thought it was too dirty.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
its the scene in chasing amy where the characters are talking about scars they recieved while performing oral sex. it was originally in the mallrats script as it was supposed to be a scene with T.S, Brodie and Hooper. as in jaws. but apparently universal didn't find it funny or amusing.

damn scott, beat me to it. also, another idea was to have Jay's last name be Hooper, so it can be more like jaws.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Well how damn sexy is that? Nice to see Universal didn't have too much ego to allow the "X" element, a la Buena Vista's CLERKS X...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I just got the previously released DVD just last week, and yet I absolutely can not wait for this set to come out.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
*update* dvdanswers are saying this will be a one disc only ! :angry: :

Title: Mallrats
Starring: Shannen Doherty
Released: 20th September 2005
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Universal has released early details of a new 10th Anniversary Extended Edition of Mallrats, which stars Shannen Doherty, Jeremy London, Jason Lee, Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes. This single-disc release will carry both the 1 hour 36 minute theatrical edition, along with an all-new extended edition (runtime to be confirmed). I'm afraid that's just about all we know at the moment, although we can confirm that it will be available to own from the 20th September, priced at around $26.98. Stay tuned for further details

linkage : http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...7082&n=1&burl=

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks