What's new

Malcolm in the Middle?? (1 Viewer)

LoriB

Grip
Anyone know if there will be further releases? seems like more of the season sets would have been released by now--what about Survivor ? Look s like they are releasing the Series out of order since Pearl Islands is coming out already--but Africa, Amazon etc have not been listed for re;ease and I really would like those sets!!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Season one sold well enough, but music rights are keeping Malcolm seasons 2+ from coming out...

Don't expect anything anytime soon, although fox is apparently working on it.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Fox really blew it with this show. The show was still popular when Fox released season 1, but the popularity of the show has seen a sharp downturn in the past few seasons and it likely will be axed in May, Fox should've tried to capitalize on the show when it was hot

Jim_Chamberlin

Auditioning
I agree. The delay has likely cost them millions of dollars in revenue here. The popularity just isn't there anymore. Sadly, too many shows are affected by music rights problems.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
They changed the timespot that I just can't find the time to watch them on Fridays. Fox seems to have that problem with lots of shows.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Is music clearance really the issue with this show not being on DVD? I don't recall it having that many songs in it. Seems like every Scrubs episode has at least two or three songs, and that show's on DVD.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I believe that some newer shows are negotiating to have the rights to use songs both on the broadcast versions as well as the subsequent DVD releases. Malcolm began before that would ever have been thought of. I want this entire series but I'm not holding my breath. I'd be happy if they would just put it back on one of the satellite channels so I could watch it again.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo

Not sure if it's exactly a satellite channel, but FX is supposed to be getting the airing rights to the show sometime next year. That's all I know about that.

Anyway, I'm one of those who owns the first season and I'm still shocked that seasons 2 and beyond have not seen the light of day yet. It's a great show, and if it's because of music rights, then somebody needs to calm down the record companies.

Then again, if that happened, we would've seen both those and The Wonder Years on DVD a long time ago (Just bringing up an example).

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
If anyone from Fox is listening, please register another vote in favor of seasons 2-7 on DVD!!!!!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I think it's still popular, a show that runs for 7 seasons is popular, IMO. Surely it's not forgotten, by fans nor Fox.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
In my area (Seattle) the local Fox affiliate has a 2-hour rerun block every weeknight, 6-8 pm, with 2 episodes of MALCOLM and 2 of SIMPSONS. Interest in the DVDs may have been higher while the show was still on in first run, but I guarantee interest has not dried up completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks