What's new

Making a dvd of pictures with music... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have about 40 or so pictures on disc that I recently transferred from slides. I want to put them on dvd with music. I need a program to do this. But, it has to be easy to use and not that expensive. Not looking for anything fancy.

Thanks!!

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'd just use windows movie maker to make some movie clips out of the pictures and music and then use your favorite DVD authoring software to put them onto a dvd. Movie maker should be available on any updated 2000 / XP machine. Some popular choices for authoring software are Nero and Sonic myDVD.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I would second Windows Movie Maker for something so simple as this since it's free. Depending on your Windows version, you may have an older version installed, but you can update to version 2.1 by downloading the installation file here (link points to Microsoft's page.) Note that you'll need XP with SP2.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It's hard to beat free, so Windows Moviemaker may be your best choice.

But I have the Roxio Suite and it has an option to do what you're asking in pretty much one step. You point to your pictures and it (optionally) wraps them in some nifty fades. You can select how long each one is displayed for. You can let it select the music or point to your own. You can output as a DVD or as a Windows wmv file. (Probably more than that, but those are the two I use.)

Bob_C

Agent
Something that might work even better than Movie Maker is Photostory 3. It's a free download from microsoft. I forget how to do links on this board, but you can google it. It has a few things that make working with photos easier than Movie Maker. You will still need DVD authoring software that can handle WMV. I've used it in the past and found it quite easy. It lacks a lot of the features of Photoshop, but for simply making a slideshow with music, it works wonderfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks