What's new

Make Way for Tommarow/subUrbia Criterion news! (1 Viewer)

IanUngstad

Grip
Both have been confirmed to be coming from Criterion today. It's especially nice to see that Criterion will be releasing Make Way for Tommarow.

IanUngstad

Grip
I emailed John Mulvaney who confirmed Make Way for Tommarow to me.

I emailed Linklater through his production comany website (Detour Filmproduction) and got the confirmation on subUrbia.

Both emails are published on criterionforum.org in the appropriate threads.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Would love to see Universal or Criterion tackle McCarey's RUGGLES OF RED GAP. My ultimate dvd (but-in-reality-it-ain't-going-to-happen) is a Criterion edition of MY SON JOHN, which is more like MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW than any of McCarey's other films.

MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW (and THE AFRICAN QUEEN) topped Mike Clark's USA TODAY MIA Dvd List in December.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Great news if this really happens!

And add me to the list of those who would like to see a release of My Son John.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Before we get our hopes up about WB and sublicensing, this could be one of those situations where the rights have reverted directly to Linklater's company Detour and they are working independent of WB. After all, why would any sort of deal between WB, Linklater, and Criterion involve only one of his movies and not all for the company?
In all candor, subUrbia is easily Linklater's worst film, and quite honestly, one of the worst films I've ever seen, especially from a director who has normally hit home runs with me. But I would be very interested in hearing Linklater provide commentary and context for this misfire.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Make Way for Tomorrow got announced for February: http://www.criterion.com/films/2350

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
(Slight detour from discussing the fabulous news about Make Way For Tomorrow)...

Charles --

TCM will air My Son John on January 27 as part of that month's Shadows of Russia Showcase film festival.

Here's TCM's press release with the complete line-up of films:

http://www.amazon.de/Kung-Fu-Zeichen-Drachen-Staffel/dp/B002KKKAB2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258235759&sr=1-3

(And yes to Ruggles of Red Gap... I treasure my laser disc.) :)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow! Great news. I have never seen "Make Way for Tomorrow", and after hearing that it inspired Ozu's "Tokyo Story", I have been wanting to see it badly! February 2010 is looking to be a great month!

-Rodney

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks