What's new

Make Room For Daddy on Cozi TV - Season 10! (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i thought the above 2 episodes were very cute.

i thought thomas and hagen were great together.

the only surprise for me is that didnt sherry jackson turn out to be a very pretty woman ?

she doesnt look the slightest bit cute (looks, i like personality) to me here.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmyjet said:
dang - that transformation is amazing !!
Sort of like the girl who was nerdy all through elementary and junior high and somehow magically blossomed into a very attractive lady!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
did sherry and angela ever play together ? i think that would have been a cute older sister - younger sister, along with rusty.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Did Sherry turn up in any of the reunions ?? Has she ever spoken about her tenure on the series and if she remained in contact with Thomas or any others from the series ?? She played the older sister and you would think she and Hamer remained close ???

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
She reprised her role in an episode of Make Room for Granddaddy.

I've seen an interview with her before. She seemed to have very fond memories and only left the show because she was tiring of the pace. That's why she eventually became a guest rather than a regular and then after a while of that, disappeared completely.

She was already a very attractive young lady once they aged her up and eventually married her off on Make Room for Daddy.

I don't remember any episodes where they ever played together since she must've been 15 or 16 when Angela Cartwright joined the cast. But they definitely interacted quite a bit before she went the route that people like Mike on My Three Sons and Richie's older brother on Happy Days did where they were never mentioned again once they left.

Something I only remember one show ever handling well (Different circumstances, but Cheers worked in references to Coach after he passed away pretty regularly right up to the end of the series).

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i phrased that badly - i didnt actually mean play. i was really wondering if the 2 ever appeared on the show together ?

from your reply, it seems like she did.

angela and rusty - i recall real well.

what little boy wouldnt recall angela ???

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
LeoA said:
She was already a very attractive young lady once they aged her up and eventually married her off on Make Room for Daddy.
That was Penny Parker.

Sherry left the series mid-season 6. When 'Terry' returned in season 7, the role was played by Penny Parker.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Brent S said:
That was Penny Parker.

Sherry left the series mid-season 6. When 'Terry' returned in season 7, the role was played by Penny Parker.
I had forgotten that they switched actresses for the last few appearances of the character during 1959/1960 when she was married off.

That said, the opinions of her's that I expressed definitely came from one of her interviews about why she left. And those final 12-15 appearances or so that coincide with Angela Cartwright and Marjorie Lord joining the cast, she's already quite a beautiful young lady as I said.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Professor Echo said:
On the Cozi Channel through Dish Network I cannot find the airings of this show anymore, but judging from the posts here it's still on? And how come many of the series on Cozi through Dish carry the on screen bug for both Cozi And FETV? Is this a shared channel or is it only that way on Dish?
Can anyone answer my two questions?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I don't see it on the schedule for Dish Network anymore, so it may be as I suspected that Cozi on Dish shares the channel with FETV, meaning they are not showing the full 24 hour feed of Cozi, but splitting it with FETV.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Professor Echo said:
I don't see it on the schedule for Dish Network anymore, so it may be as I suspected that Cozi on Dish shares the channel with FETV, meaning they are not showing the full 24 hour feed of Cozi, but splitting it with FETV.
Our local feed of ME-TV does the same thing on Directv. They show two other feeds (it's the local channel's fault actually) and you don't get the whole programming.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Time Warner Cable does the same thing to Me-TV during a few hours each evening and I believe on Saturday mornings as well.

It's modern garbage, too. I'm not sure what they think they're gaining by transitioning from a classic tv show to whatever it is that they're airing since there can't be much interest overlap there.

I'm sure most people tuning in for Me-TV turn it off just as I do when that happens each night. And 2-3 hours of alternate programming doesn't seem significant enough to draw its own crowd to any degree.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
It reminds me of the early early days of cable TV where channels co-shared the same space. I remember AMC was only on at night and would show just two movies, each one twice per evening. In the daytime on that same channel was a health and medical network which eventually became Lifetime. I thought those primitive days were gone for good, but apparently not on satellite television.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
rmw650 said:
Glen, according to the website, it is still airing but they've changed the schedule a little bit...Weekdays 4PM/3c and Sundays 6PM/5c.
That's their old schedule - don't know why they haven't gotten their webmaster to change that. However, if the local TV station that carries COZI can "time-shift" the programs to their own liking, then maybe the air times are different across the country, but I don't think the local station can do that (or) would find it worth the trouble to do that if they could!

The new MRFD time slot is 5:00 - 6:00 PM, Mon. - Fri. (and) NO airings on Sunday - at least in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area.
I think "The Real McCoys" took over MRFD's Sunday slot.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Just wanted to bring something to everyone's attention that may be helpful if you want the complete episodes of Season 5.

I'm sure most of you are aware that a company called Questar released Season 5 on DVD a few years ago and did a really bad job of it mainly because ⓵ they used the edited, syndicated versions and without disclosing that on the outside of the box. Other errors they made were: ⓶ not putting the opening credits on each episode - they only included them once, at the beginning of the each disc, not episode, ⓷ the running order on the DVDs was not always in the order that they aired.

They also made a big deal out of their release being "authorized by the Thomas family". I'm not exactly sure what that really means, but if it means what it sounds like to most people, then the Thomas family should be as ashamed of themselves as we were .....pissed off. I would discourage everyone from buying this Questar release brand new because, I guarantee you - if you do, you'll be encouraging other dreck companies to do the same, since ALL they care about are their trips to the bank. I bought my set without waiting and reading the reviews, which I'll never do again! Now, if you buy it USED, that's o.k. because Questar won't make any money off of it.....and, due to what I'm about to tell you and how you'll use this Questar set, it would be crazy, on your part, to even think about buying it new.

O.k., the rest of this post has to do with the Questar Season 5 DVD set Vs. the COZI Season 5 episodes being aired right now. The COZI episodes, like the Questar ones, are also edited for syndication but, there's a difference. I've been recording the COZI Season 5 episodes and thought, just for the hell of it, I'd compare each of the first 5 episodes to the Questar ones to see if they were edited in the same, exact places. I thought that they would be, but to my surprise they are NOT, and I'm talking about a lot of the edits were completely different - not just a few more (or less) seconds edited out of the same segment.

Ironically, this is good news for those of us who want to try to make our own "compilations" by cobbling together the individual scenes from both Questar and COZI. From figuring out the parts of scenes that were cut out of Questar and not COZI (or visa-versa) and by timing these scenes with a stopwatch, I'm confident that on most of these Season 5 episodes, you could make a complete, UNedited episode. On the ones that won't quite become complete, you'll still be able to add almost 2 minutes of program to your current versions.

I only did the analysis (not the actual editing) on the first 5 episodes of Season 5 because even just the analysis is fairly time consuming, but here, in more detail, are most of the Questar scene cuts I discovered. To rephrase what I just said, ALL of the scenes listed below are the ones that are in the COZI episodes, but NOT in the Questar DVD episodes:

Episode #1 - "Lose Me In Las Vegas":
0:19 - beginning credits w/ music
0:23 - the Williams family enter their hotel room and look it over. [not entertaining so this cut is understandable FOR
SYNDICATED T.V., but not for consumers who pay good money for DVDs and want the complete episode no
matter how boring - right ?!!!]
1:26 - Danny & Kathy kissing outside the hotel in a secluded area and Rusty comes by and teases them. Then Terry
comes by and tells Danny that he'll probably perform tonight, even on his honeymoon, but Danny denies it.
[is somewhat entertaining, mainly Rusty]
2:15 - Danny sings: "I'm Happy" [don't care for Danny's singing so it's not entertaining for me, but, still should be in
episode for others who might enjoy it]
So, if you edited the above 4 scenes back into the 21:18 Questar episode, it'd make the total length 25:41 (including beginning & ending credits).

Episode #2 - "Terry Vs. Kathy":
2:09 - Danny goes to talk to Terry up in her room. + Williams family at breakfast table the next morning [entertaining
enough]
0:49 - (2 separate scenes) Kathy tells Terry why she married Danny + very short scene of Kathy giving Terry the
"snake-eye" of disapproval. [not funny part, but reassures Terry her role in the family - should be in episode]
So, if you edited the above 4 scenes back into the 21:25 Questar episode, it'd make the total length 24:42 (including beginning & ending credits).

Episode #3 - "Kathy Is Approved":
1:51 - Danny tells Kathy about other things to do and not to do around Uncle Tonoose [funny!]
So, if you edited the above 2 scenes back into the 21:07 Questar episode, it'd make the total length 23:26 (including beginning & ending credits). This edit might not make a totally complete episode, but at least it'd be more than you have now!

Episode #4 - "The Dinah Shore Show":
1:35 - Dinah sings an abbreviated version of "The Kiss That Rocked The World" [should always include a guest stars
talent that they're noted for]
I didn't figure out how long the cobbled-together episode would be.

Episode #5 - "Parents Are Pigeons":
0:59 - original opening scene of episode - Williams family in living room while Danny sings an abbreviated version of
"Ain't We Got Fun" [without this scene the episode starts a little too abruptly - you know something's missing]
1:55 - Rusty talks Linda into asking Danny for a raise in her allowance, then a scene with only Linda asking Danny
for the raise, Danny agrees, then Rusty takes his 50% commission of Linda's raise [real funny]
0:10 - (approximate) - Terry explains to Danny & Kathy, Rusty & Linda's scheme against them.
I didn't figure out how long the cobbled-together episode would be.

Like I said before, the above scenes are the ones that are in the COZI episodes, but NOT in the Questar DVD episodes. However, there were just as many parts of scenes (maybe a few more) that are in the Questar DVDs, but not in the COZI episodes. There was really no need for me to list the missing scenes in both sources since I just wanted to make the point that most of the edits are different and you have to have both the DVDs and the recorded COZI episodes to make the episodes complete.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Very interesting to be most of the musical numbers should have been sliced....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.