What's new

Make Room For Daddy on Cozi TV - Season 10! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Updating this thread, here's the latest news:

Stanley Moger, who ran SFM Entertainment, was handling the show and he was the one who had the BOD plans. When he passed away a couple of years ago, that put an end to that idea.

The good news, IMDB-TV, which streams for free, now has seasons 5 thru 11 up its site. Season 5 is cut, not sure if they are the old syndication edits or the new transfers. Seasons 6, 7, 8, 9 & 11 are COMPLETE and in the correct 4x3 aspect ratio! Season 10 looks like its the same as what ran on COZI, 16x9 and cut to under 21 minutes. Other than its rarity, that really isn't a very good season. I wish we could get a good season 5. And by the way, Paul Brownstein seems to be handling the show now. I just updated my ROKU player, which I haven't used in years, and started recording the shows tonight.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Updating this thread, here's the latest news:

Stanley Moger, who ran SFM Entertainment, was handling the show and he was the one who had the BOD plans. When he passed away a couple of years ago, that put an end to that idea.

The good news, IMDB-TV, which streams for free, now has seasons 5 thru 11 up its site. Season 5 is cut, not sure if they are the old syndication edits or the new transfers. Seasons 6, 7, 8, 9 & 11 are COMPLETE and in the correct 4x3 aspect ratio! Season 10 looks like its the same as what ran on COZI, 16x9 and cut to under 21 minutes. Other than its rarity, that really isn't a very good season. I wish we could get a good season 5. And by the way, Paul Brownstein seems to be handling the show now. I just updated my ROKU player, which I haven't used in years, and started recording the shows tonight.
Check out the Filmrise app for the correct season 5 and 10 in 4x3, and more.....

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
The show airs in Canada on the CHCH-TV channel. It's currently in Season 5 and I hope they show the entire series. The episodes seem to be complete as far as I can tell.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Filmrise app for the correct season 5 and 10 in 4x3, and more.....
I checked the Filmrise episodes on my 2 TVs, both CRTs, and while yes, they are complete, I'm not sure what the aspect ratio is. They do not cover the whole screen and there is black around all 4 sides. Not as bad as some of the things I've seen, but in a box nonetheless.

What I did discover on Filmrise is The Joey Bishop Show, seasons 2, 3 and 4 all are in the proper aspect ratio and they all come in at 25 minutes. Now I don't know if that's the proper running time, as most shows I've seen from that early 60s era usually run 25:30. Maybe these were a half minute shorter for some reason or maybe they're slightly trimmed. Either way, its still far better than the TV Land airings in the mid-90s, which were under 22 minutes or the DVDs that were cut to 23 minutes. Unfortunately, the first season episodes appear to be the 23 minute ones that ran on Antenna TV, which were rather poorly and haphazardly edited.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The show airs in Canada on the CHCH-TV channel. It's currently in Season 5 and I hope they show the entire series. The episodes seem to be complete as far as I can tell.

Here's a simple way to find out. Record an episode and then check the time, minus the commercials.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
What I did discover on Filmrise is The Joey Bishop Show, seasons 2, 3 and 4 all are in the proper aspect ratio and they all come in at 25 minutes. Now I don't know if that's the proper running time, as most shows I've seen from that early 60s era usually run 25:30. Maybe these were a half minute shorter for some reason or maybe they're slightly trimmed. Either way, its still far better than the TV Land airings in the mid-90s, which were under 22 minutes or the DVDs that were cut to 23 minutes. Unfortunately, the first season episodes appear to be the 23 minute ones that ran on Antenna TV, which were rather poorly and haphazardly edited.
With regards to The Joey Bishop Show, I have the season 2 DVD set from Questar, this is a good set because the episodes are all complete except for one, "Joey's House Guest" which has a little bit missing at the beginning.

Seasons 1, 3, and 4 I recorded from Antenna TV, the episodes are edited which is not good but it's better than nothing. One episode from season 4, "The Sultan's Gift" runs only about 21 minutes so for whatever reason this episode is more heavily edited compared to the others.

I would like the complete series to be released on DVD and be done properly with all uncut episodes, but at this point I'm not expecting it to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.