What's new

Major CUE issues :f (1 Viewer)

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I've tried 3 actually. Funny thing is I had the Sony for a couple of weeks and never noticed this problem. I only noticed it after watching 'Bad Boys II'. Before then I had watched 'Finding Nemo' and a slew of other movies and I did not notice this problem then. I revisited Nemo last night and the streaks are obvious so I do not think I simply didn't notice them as I at first thought. I'm going to try some extensive testing tonight to see if I can narrow things down. I have another DVD player I can try which is a Malata that I got for free as a door crasher on Boxing Day. It's likely that it has the CUE problem but I'll try to see if I can detect the errors on my 32" Trinitron and then connect this DVD player directly to the Projector to see if there's a difference.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Ok, I finally figured out the problem. After connecting yet another DVD player and seeing the exact same problem through the component AND the s-video inputs I decided to try connecting my laptop directly to the projector using the s-video output. I then opened up Paint and drew an elipse and shaded it red. Immediately there were the vertical streaks in the picture. I then drew smaller elipses on top of the big red one and shaded them different colours. The result was/is the exact same thing that I am seeing when watching DVD's. My conclusion is that there is something wrong with my PJ :angry:.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
They are not supposed to change color that's what. They don't change color on my old player using the exact same tv, the exact same component cable, and the exact same disc. Ergo the 3950 has major chroma bugs.

Paul.Little

Stunt Coordinator
This thread serves to illustrate that the CUE is the most over hyped problem in the home electronics business. 90% of the people who own DVD players that display CUE cannot see it, and even those that think they do are usually seeing something else.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Oh please. Some of us don't like to buy Really Expensive DVD Players only to find that the MPEG decoder programmers didn't know what the hell they're doing.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
Well the pictures are hard to see but it's very clear on my screen. Sorry I can't take better pictures but trust me, it has the chroma bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks