What's new

-Major- CNN typo!! (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I just clicked on the CNN web page and was shocked at what the headline story read> "IRAQ BUILDING NUKES" !!? Whovever is in charge of editing the top story obviously made a typo, since the story below the headline concerned the new nuke plants in Iran. Boy what a difference one single letter can make! I saved a copy of the page as an HTML document since they were sure to fix the error any minute, and about two minutes later they did. Whew, gave me a scare for an instant. Come to think of it, they probably were right the first time around :)
Marc.
Update: Upon reading the page I saved, I also noticed the video link was entitled "Iraqi ambassador denies alegations" It now reads "Iranian Ambassador..." Strange that the writer in charge of the site was so consistantly in error. Doesn't he/she know what he's writing about?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
The person that wrote the article and the person who posts it on the site are more than likely two different folks. The webmaster probably just wasn't paying attention (or it was a Fruedian slip about nukes and Iraq).

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep-- and even in Newspapers, headlines are often written by other folks (My girlfriend has a ton of story clips she can't use in her portfolio due to errored headlines she didn't write!).

-Vince

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
You think that was bad. The first version of the headline read, "IRAQ BUILDING NUDES". They were getting 2,200,000 hits a minute from a link at FARK. :)
Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks