What's new

Magnificent Seven -- Where's Season 2? (1 Viewer)

kathy_badkarma

Auditioning
The first season of The Magnificent Seven came out a dog's age ago -- any word on where season 2 is?

Frankly, there were so few episodes (due to CBS's idiocy), both seasons should have been released in one set.

S

silverking

Sadly I suspect it didn't shift enough units of S1 to merit a S2. I think sometimes the big studios have unrealistic expectations of some of these smaller series & measure them against comparative sales for 'Friends' & the like.

I know it was due for release here in the UK but has been cancelled.

A number of western series don't seem to make it unfortunately. 'Wanted, Dead or Alive' despite some impressive extras has never spawned a S2. I have pessimistic feelings about 2nd seasons for 'Rawhide', 'Big Valley' & 'Cheyenne' also. Better news though on Wild Wild West as the website for the series confirms CBS have given the go ahead for S2.

It appears the smaller independents,perhaps with less profit expectations, do a better job of releasing these old classics. MPI are now up to 6 collections of 'The Rifleman' & Critics Choice hve just released 2nd seasons of 'Hopalong Cassidy' & Sgt.Preston of the Yukon'.

Likewise in Europe there are now 3 complete seasons of 'Bonanza' out in Germany & it appears they have been doing a lot of export copies to the US.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I agree they should have released season 1 and 2 together since they were both short seasons. This was a good show and I hope season 2 gets a release soon. I still have not watched season 1 yet. I was waiting for season 2 release so I could watch the whole show. I feel this maybe held up due to the switch of MGM material from Sony to Fox.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would love to get season 2, but I don't think it's coming. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks