What's new

Magnepans and Sound Anchor stands... (1 Viewer)

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
Hello all,

I've got a new query. I've been using a Magnepan system for about a year and a half or so now and I decided to check to see if Sound Anchor offered alternative stands for Magnepans. Lo and behold, the kind folks at Sound Anchor do offer some alternative stands, but they are even MORE expensive than the ones I had used on my Vandersteens. Having compared the Vandys with Vandersteen's own speaker stand and with the Sound Anchor alternative--I owned two sets of speakers with each one having a different stand set--I was definitely impressed with the improvement that the Sound Anchors supplied. However, because of how different the speakers are, I'm not sure that changing out the Maggie-supplied stands will necessarily have the same effect. So, does anyone here use Magnepan speakers with the Sound Anchors? What is your impression of the effect of the Sound Anchors on the Maggies?

To answer a few likely questions, it isn't exactly that I'm unhappy with the Maggie stands, but from the moment I unpacked them I thought that they were not really all that great (I have a pair of MG1.6's, which have decent stands, and two pairs of MG12's, which have rather underwhelming stands). Also, I have really think carpet, and the Magnepan supplied stands have no spikes, while the Sound Anchors do.

Anyway, thanks all for any help and opinions!

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the links. The Mye Sound stands look awesome; better than the Sound Anchors at first glance. Also, now I've checked out Planar Asylum, I think that I've found my new home! :) What a nice source of information. There is alot of good info. on the different Maggie stands and it seems that pretty much everyone loves the Mye Stands over the Sound Anchors! Anyway, thanks a million!

-----

Andrew,

Do you still have your Maggies? I took a quick look on your HT page, and I didn't notice them. Anyway, I'm not against DIY projects, but my health lately has limited me quite a bit (otherwise I'd be much more adventurous). However, can you say more about what you liked about the stands? Did they give you a sonic improvement over the regular Magnepan stands?

As always, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks